Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... so im about to have my exhaust system made.. but i decided to turn the car on (open turbo) and see if its boosting... gassed it, and no boost... vaccuum drops from 20 to zero, but the gause says theres no boost... im not too sure if its because i dont have the downpipe and exhaust connected yet... or if its because i havent plugged in my basemap yet... im pretty sure the intercooler piping is pretty tight... turbo's spooling.. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
There has to be a load on the engine to build boost. IE in gear, driving..

Please dont go doing that while untuned though, or serious harm WILL be done to your motor.

/thread

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im going to have to drive it like that to the muffler shop... under 3k rpm... its only about 5 blocks away... ive also learned that 3" anythings cost a lot... and are hard to find... 3" resonators, 3" cats, 3" flexes, 3" inlets mufflers...

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
^nope... He says he has a basemap, which will run his injectors out of boost. Granted he WILL run a little rich, obviously because its untuned ATM and they are larger injectors, it 100% ok to drive on a basemap, not going into boost of course.

Thats the whole point of basemaps, so you can drive to your tuner.

You can do what I did, take one of the charge pipes off, then you damn sure wont go into boost. You just have to keep the rpm's low, so you dont overspin the turbo and potentially blow out the oil seals.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
95-Teg on Oct/04/07 said:
^nope... He says he has a basemap, which will run his injectors out of boost. Granted he WILL run a little rich, obviously because its untuned ATM and they are larger injectors, it 100% ok to drive on a basemap, not going into boost of course.

Thats the whole point of basemaps, so you can drive to your tuner.

You can do what I did, take one of the charge pipes off, then you damn sure wont go into boost. You just have to keep the rpm's low, so you dont overspin the turbo and potentially blow out the oil seals.
didnt know he had one. i know what a basemap is lol. i guess i missed that part

still, TAKE IT EASY!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.