Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running a zex dry kit, and I just order a nitrous express blow down tube kit for it so that it could be track legal. This may sound stupid, but where do i screw the nut on the end of the tube too. on the opposite side of where the nitrous line is connected to, there is a big brown nut thingy, i was assuming that it went on there, but it doesn't fit over it, and when i attempt to take it off it just sprays nitrous out of it. Could someone please help me out? Ive searched and can't seem to find the info i need. thanks...

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
You have the right spot but you need a new fitting too. And the bottle has to be empty. The new vent came with my NX kit but I know for a fact that it does fit the zex bottles here's a pic of mine the old one is on the left and the new valve is on the right

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I would neet a set up for something thats externally threaded, do you know what i mean? kinda the opposite to the one fitting that you have. like a nut instead of a bolt on one side. anyone know where a fitting like this could be had?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Summit racing has the zex vent down tube kit that "Fits Valves With Externally Threaded Safety Port". Would this mean that the valve on my bottle is "externally threaded", or that the actual fitting is externally threaded. It sounds to me like the thing you screw it onto the bottle would be externally threaded. just wanting some sort of confirmation before i order it.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Really? cause my friend has a Zex kit in his Mustang and I was going to use his bottle once and the one on the right which is from my NX blow down tube fit right in his Zex bottle. you would need to take the one you have in the bottle now out and replace it with the one on the right in the picture. The part that is facing up in the picture is the part that the vent screws onto

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just went outside to see if i could loosen the fitting on that side a little bit to make sure it was a nut like i thought it was. I started to open it, and opened it too far. the nitrous that was left was spewing everywhere, and there was no way i could stop it. o well, moral of the story, i was right. the fitting is different than yours. My fitting is a nut that screws onto the post on the bottle, yours is the opposite. I just ordered the zex blow down tube with the fitting for external threaded safety ports.

·
Registered
695 Posts
hey craig my question is, who is the girl in the pic????

she can push my button anytime!!!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
tegsedan how old is that Zex bottle? Just wondering cause I thought all the newer ones were internally threaded

nos_teg thats my GF she only pushes my buttons
but thanks for the compliment

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.