Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably been beat to death but really couldn't find enough info on the search page. Anyways i am thinking of putting the bottle on my car and i do not want to go over a 65 shot, Also i'm pretty sure i want to go with a wet kit (seems alot of guys are). would you recommend going with a wet kit for a 50-60 shot? The other thing is what would i need to make it run correctly(supporting mods)? Also i am looking into the nitrous express kit, do any of you guys run this kit? If so do you like it.I heard the shark nozzels mix the fuel and the n2o equal so their is no rich or lean mixer. Is this true? If thier is another kit that you guys think would work out better for me let me know. the more info the better. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I don't run a wet kit, but i am using a zex nitrous dry kit. Generally, if you don't plan on going over a 75 shot, a dry kit will be good enough for your set up. Some mods to ensure you're motor is safe are: colder plugs (2 steps colder), retard timing (2 degrees for 65 shot), and use proper octane gasoline (i believe its 92 octane).

For the money and ease of use, i would recommend the zex kit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i am defintley going to do the colder plugs and more then likely retard the timing 2 degrees. Do i need to get some kind of fuel managment to run a 60 shot wet kit? I am looking into probably getting a v-afc but will probably have the kit on before i can get it. My wife stays on me alot about putting lots of money in my car
so i have to get one thing at a time to keep her happy. I had a 92 eagle talon tsi awd and it was a money pit. I had more then 6 grand in the motor and probably 2 0r 3 grand in clutches and trannies. I was always working on it to keep it running fast, so she is not real big on me getting crazy with this car. But hey if i do it little by little she isn't to bad..

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I run the NX wet kit. I am very happy with it. I got the whole kit and cabootle, bottle heater, purge kit, fuel pressure safety switch. I run the 50hp jets on my LS with CAI and muffler, stock clutch, plugs and timing with 93 octane, I have never had it tuned but I have shut the car down right after a 1/4 mile pass and pulled the plugs and they we're fine. If you are just going to run a 50 shot I would say you should be alright without anything to extensive

·
Registered
518 Posts
well i had the nx wet kit also, but it fried my clutch after just one trip to the track. not sure what condition the clutch was in before the trip but i would say beware of what you do. It also shut off after a run and took a while to start back up, not to sure what that was all about, all that and i was only running a 35 shot.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It just shut of on you that one time? Also just for curiosity the zex kit is rated at the flywheel right? All the other kits rate thiers at the wheels, is this correct. Also fatygreneyez how long have you had the kit on. what times are you runing? Also if you had it to do over would you...?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I've had the kit on my car since about april or may probably been through about 10 bottles so far. My clutch has almost 70k on it and its fine on the 50 shot with xgt's that may change in the spring on a set of drag radials but who knows. If I had to do it all over again no question I would definately do it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well if the zex kit is rated at the flywheel how can it be a true 65 shot when it is more like 40 hp or so to the wheels. Wouldn't that be in reality a 40 shot. Also a local shop around here recommend the zex wet kit with a 65 shot for my car. If i was to go with the zex kit do you guys think i would be mid to high 13's with a i/h/e and a pretty decent driver? Cause that is pretty much where i want to be for now!!! Any info on this would be great..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also i did a search and i see alot of people are selling thier ZEX KIT, are people just not happy with them? or are they going with another kit?? Just curious..

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
TO_SLOWGSR on Feb/17/04 said:
If i was to go with the zex kit do you guys think i would be mid to high 13's with a i/h/e and a pretty decent driver? Cause that is pretty much where i want to be for now!!! Any info on this would be great..
well what are you running now? I dropped 1.16 seconds and gained 11mph on the NX 50 shot. hope that helps

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i haven't ran the 1/4 yet but i ran the 1/8 and ran a 9.7 at 74 mph.. So what would you guess on a 65 wet shot...

·
Registered
310 Posts
i personally am thinking of going with venom around a 60 shot. a question i have that also he may have is how long does a bottle last ? maybe in secs? or runs.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
my 1/8 times are in the 9.30's @ 77. so my guess your times would probably translate to about (est)15.0's- 14.90's. and I would say the the ZEX 65 is probably about equal to the NX 50 so I'd say you would run 13.80's to 14.0's but thats just an estimate no way to tell for sure

Edit: bottle info
My 10 LB bottle running a 50hp shot usually last about 7 runs(1/4 mile) before the car starts slowing down because the bottle pressure has dropped, after about 10 theres nothing but air left in the bottle

·
Registered
310 Posts
do they ,ake anything bigger than a 10 lb or could i use a 2 bottle combination that would be sweet (but only use like 60 shot not 250 like fastfurious

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
yeah you can get 15 and 20lb bottles, but big bottles or multiple bottle set-ups get heavy and are not very efficent unless you need them, like my friend who uses a 15lb. bottle in one 8 second pass but he's running a 2-stage system with a 350hp shot through a plate system and a 175hp shot through the fogger

video

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A 10 lb bottle it will last with a 60 shot about 3 minutes. Also if you have a purge kit and use it, it will not last as long either.. So you think a 65 shot pn the zex kit is equal to a 50 shot on the nx kit? Also fatygreneyes is that 1/8th time on the bottle? What kind of car do you have and what mods do you have?? Also what shot are you running? Is it a wet shot??

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
1/8th time on the bottle = yes

zex 65 = NX 50 = yeah on the old NX website they did an install on a civic and it made something like an extra 62hp to the wheels on a 50 shot

my car = 2000 LS 5spd w/AEM CAI, Skunk2 muffler, NX wet kit 50hp jets....I tried to run the 75hp jets once, but the fuel pressure safety switch shut down the nitrous system

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man i didn't even realize that you have a LS, it's even on your profile duh. That is not bad at all! what did you run at the the track without the bottle (1/8). Have you ever had it dynoed? If you are turning that time with a 50 shot and i am going to run a 65 (which will equal your 50 shot) I should be in the 8's right? Do you have a header? I have a jdm four into one 2 1/2 header to a 2 1/2 catback. It really opens up when in vtec, so if i can get in my power band quicker i think i will be in the 8's hopefully. Man i am ready to spray!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts