Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 auto ls and since i cant turbo the car and i dont have enough cash for a manual swap yet, i've been looking into putting nitrous into the car. I was looking at a Zex or Nos 55 to 75 shot kit. my first question is What brand would be best to go with. Second question is, is it safer to run a "wet" then "dry" nitrous? -Thanks

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
swtchink13oi4u on Feb/07/06 said:
I would definantly go with the Zex brand and both wet and dry are safe, but the dry kit are far safer. Go with the Zex Dry 55-75 shot and you be fine.
safer? safer for who?the operator or the engine?

Dont dry kits tend to lean out some of the cylinders?

I would think that direct port would be the safest since the same exact amount of nitrous is injected into each cylinder via the IM.

Then again, the safeness also depends on where it is injected. The closer to the throttle body, the more concetrated it will be and thus more likely to lean out one or more of the cylinders because it is not evenly distributed.

Im not pretending to be an expert, just relating what I beleive to be true about nitrous.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im talking about safer for the engine, im more worried about the engine than myself lol. i really dont have the $ for a direct port system. so im probably going to go with the zex dry system, although i heard that the wet is much safer than the dry but i'll take swtchink13oi4u's word for it unless anyone says different.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
dont just put parts on your car that people say "are good"
do your own research and find out the answers on your own. You will learn way more by doing research than taking someones word for something
try going to the Zex or Nos website and look around a little on there...there are also many forms about nitrous on here and on hondatech website

·
Registered
435 Posts
i believe (dont quote me on this) that direct ports are usually all for bigger shots then just 55-75 and they are much more expensive. I would rather go with wet personally since it mixes fuel and nitrious before the plenium so each cylinder receives the proper fuel nitrous mix instead of it being lean/rich

·
Registered
689 Posts
patience is a virtue and i believe your better off waiting it out, save the money, and get an LS or GSR manual tranny, and turbo it. the results will be much more rewarding. this is just my opinion and you may not agree but if you dont, at least save for some tuning, and get the car tuned to work with the nitrous. From what i understand having it 4 in from the throttle body, and run a dry kit, or if your going right into the manifold itself get wet , its gonna mix with the fuel anyway. going through the throttle body & intake arm, a dry kit seems safer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.