Team Integra Forums banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Long time no update, seems like the crickets are chirping on this forum but I'll update for documentation anyways. Never did the turbo project. Life got difficult and I didn't have a space do the turbo properly, car sat in storage for a long time. Meanwhile I picked up a 1994 Civic EG sedan to make a sleeper to be able to park on the streets. Because it doesn't need to do emissions, that's been getting all the prep supporting mods for a cheapo turbo kit.

I became an Acura technician in August of 2019, refined my skills of working on cars. After dealing with a bunch of small issues with the turbo supporting mods for my civic and working on Acuras all day. For now, I've decided I just wanna do up my GSR as a 2020 clean restomod OEM+ look. Probably paint pieces here and there as I have money and time, make her look pretty again, keep it clean and reliable.

The car was pulled out of storage recently and I had another rusted hole in my hard brake line underneath the car. I did the ITR front caliper/TSX brake pad/Mini Cooper Rotor swap and went to bleed the brakes, it wouldn't hold pressure and when I saw brake fluid underneath the car I knew I was in for a headache. I ended up using 3/16" compression fittings, which I know isn't the right way but it's the temporary way for now to get the car up to the dealership where I work to do things properly and avoid a tow cost.

Here's a few things done to the car recently:

-Meltman and I got the OEM third brake light in with an aluminum bar in lieu of putting an ITR spoiler on soon.
-The strut king pedals were finally installed and look super sharp!
-I installed new door speakers and tweeters. $6.50 each mid woofer, retrofitted tweeters into the tweeter bracket on the door panel $26/pair. You'll need 1/2"x6.5" speaker spacers from amazon if you wanna use these specific speakers.

6.5" Mid woofer: "6-1/2" Poly Cone Midbass Woofer 4 Ohm" from www.parts-express.com!
Tweeters: "Dayton Audio AN25F-4 1" Soft Dome Neodymium Car Audio Tweeter Pair 4 Ohm" from www.parts-express.com!

-Installed this sparkly blue valve cover with a real carbon fiber spark plug cover I bought several years back that's been sitting in my closet. Breathes new life into the engine bay for sure!

That's all for now, I'd like to get a bunch of small things done to this car in the coming months as I have money and time. She's still kicking it with me and I've either gotta finish my project I started in 2011, or sell it at this point but then I'd feel unsuccessful and always hungering for another Integra at that point. These cars are getting old, need work, getting harder to find the parts, it's definitely a labor of love.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,190 Posts
selling is dumb, don't. Especially if you think you'd still want one. Whatever you find won't be up to what you had. Any bounce from the brake light when going over bumps?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
selling is dumb, don't. Especially if you think you'd still want one. Whatever you find won't be up to what you had. Any bounce from the brake light when going over bumps?
I agree, if I sell it it'd be difficult to find another GSR without paying through the nose for a clean one. I'm the sort of person that likes to see my projects all the way through so until there's real good reasoning to sell the car I'm going to continue to build it slowly. As far as the brake light, I haven't had any bounce or bumps against the glass when going over uneven surfaces. Then again, I don't ever really drive the car. I'll let you know if anything unusual happens with it but for now I'm happy with how it turned out. If it does create any noise against the glass I'll just have to put some foam stickies on it to insulate the noise.

·
Super Moderator
14,190 Posts
yeah I don't get to drive mine as much as i'd like to right now either. Once my 3 and 5 year old kids don't need car seats and can ride in the back without them it'll get more drive time. I drop off and pickup at the babysitter to and from work though so I can't take it until then.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
If it ain't a Type R, then it ain't a tight car!

Long overdue, definitely makes the car look like a real Integra. Hopefully more to come this year and I'm prioritizing my selfish wants for this car after waiting putting it on the back burner for too long.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
So I got my old Rota Torque wheels powder coated, they weren't in horrible shape or anything but I decided to give them a bit of a refresh. $200 for curb rash repair and powder coat in any color of my choice at a company called CPC in Crest Hill, IL if anyone's interested in doing the same. They're looking fantastic and like new!

Now it's time to get the center caps prepped, painted the same color and add an acura emblem for that OEM feel.

Here are the before and afters:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Finishing up on my wheels refinishing project, I had the center caps resprayed in the same grey and took a page from Meltman's book. Ordered some Acura "A" vinyl decals from ebay and centered them on the caps as best as I could.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Continuing the log even though this forum is basically dead at this point. It's just kind of an online journal for myself.

Got hardrace front compliance bushings that were ordering in September and didn't receive them until January.

Installed them, along with blox front sway bar end links, MOOG sway bar D bushings, and Delphi outer tie rods.

Installed my front progress coilovers and ebay special camber kit. Note that these are the tubular ones with the 16mm bolts on top to make the adjustment.

And then here's my car on the alignment rack. Wire wheeling the threads on the inner tie rods made my alignment much quicker and easier. I didn't have to adjust the rears as they're a pain and the toe was in spec. The rear camber however was -2.1 on each side, might try the washer trick to see if that does anything.

Maybe one day in the future I'll get spare compliance arms and shock forks to have my coworker powder coat them black and then i'd install them just for my own satisfaction.

I'm trying to get my front and rear bumpers sprayed soon at work whenever the body shop frees up. I still need to install the rear coilovers and probably press hardrace bushings into oem rear control arms and powder coat them black. Just small steps at a time.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I never thought I'd be doing this project but as I have the resources to do so, wanted something to do, and probably need new control arms before putting in my rear coilovers because of the dreaded-anticipated-to-be-seized-bolt that goes through the strut and control arm. I'm not quite a fan of the blingy colored billet aftermarket control arms and the bushings on those usually go out in a few years anyways. I got ahold of some OEM rear control arms that were looking super crusty, pressed out the old bushings, used a dewalt reciprocating saw to cut two thin slits on the outer race seized in the bore, and then air hammered out the outer race with the control arm in a bench vise.

My coworker blasted them and powder coated them gloss black. If you're on the northside of Chicago and would like small bits and pieces done for an affordable price please DM me!

Got my new hardrace bushings for $65 shipped and they came in several days, they went straight in the freezer immediately.

Pressed them into the new arms, and used a tap to rethread the ABS line mounting holes and sway bar end link hole.

Now to put them in my car in the next few days! If anyone wants to buy a set already done, I can do the same on the OEM control arms coming out of my car.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts