Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys! so a few weeks.... months... ago I posted about how my '95 Black GSR was totaled from being rear ended. Here's a link for those who didn't see http://www.team-integra.net/forum/20-your-integra/203328-nicks-gsr-log-totalled-2.html

On Easter, I got ahold of a clean 1998 SSBP Shell from the southside of Chicago, towed her into storage and now she's ready to take my GSR swap. Here's a few Teaser Pics:

I didn't take more pictures because the interior looks like ****. it's all there, minus the rear seats and some ****ty civic seats, no biggie. Oh and a tan dash that I'm going to have to swap out and put my black dash into. This is probably one of the cleanest shells I'll probably be able to get my hands onto, if anyone knows Chicago they'll know all the tegs here on craigslist for sale are terrible, and the good ones are overpriced.

I'll look forward to getting her running and working in the next two weeks hopefully before my birthday. :)

-nick

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, it's nothing special, I just washed her, grabbed a quick shot and went mad with the dodge/burn tool in photoshop. It's not true HDR

Promise I'll do more shots once she's all cleaned up and running. :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So today began the swap of taking my GSR engine from my wrecked teg that's been sitting in my backyard for a while now. I have the help of the almighty Casey aka Meltman to help me out on my project.

At the end of the day it came pretty close but it came to a stop when the driver side axle spindle nut was too rusted and broke 2 1/2 drives. Here's a pic of the broken tools.

"I will admit, this teg's quite one of the rustiest I've ever worked on."

and here's the car at the end of the day.

We'll proceed to continue this tomorrow morning and hopefully next weekend.

Can't wait to have a SSBP running integra :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
okay okay!

but for those that don't know too much about my log, casey and i have been trying for the last few weeks with an axle nut that's been rusted in and wouldn't come out. i'm trying to get the engine swap over to the new shell this weekend, so i had another friend come by and help me out. (didn't wanna take up casey's week nights)

here are the pics of her finally coming out today, she's been putting up a pretty hard fight!

finally out!

and because we were working on dirt and not a hard flat surface, the engine hoist wheels kept sinking into the ground. so we had to use this to help get the engine indoors to avoid rain.

overall, kinda ghetto workplace, but hey sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do; using the resources you've got and what you have available.

more progress to be made on sunday!

·
Registered
291 Posts
awesome come up on the new teg shell..looks clean..i wish i was in chicago..i would've love to help ya guys outs to put the new teg together..keep us updated

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so there hasn't been too many responses to my thread, it's okay i know it's somewhat boring.

so to jazz it up a bit, and since i know you guys love pictures. i decided to take a few pictures of some of the things i have going onto the new GSR.

enjoy!

header gasket! bought at Top Speed Auto Sports in Chicago.

muteki lugs! also bought at Top Speed

Exedy Stage 1 Clutch... yes you guessed it, also bought at Top Speed

Red stitched type r shift boot, bought from some dude off Honda Tech
(also got good condition floor mats, but no pics of them)

blox lower control arm's! bought it off craigslist a while ago, just never put them on. i'm considering not using them though and getting skunk2 lca's with replaceable bushings.

skunk2 coilover sleeves! i also bought these off craigslist a while ago.

locustom antenna!

and last but not least, a skunk2 short shifter! also from Top Speed autosports. i've wanted one of these for a long time. no shifter bushings though, i'll need to pick up some.

that's all for now. i have quite a few more aftermarket parts and just ordered some $400 worth of parts from the Honda dealer that won't be in until tuesday.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Let me know when the engine swap goes down man. I'd be glad to help you out.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
going down tomorrow! and probably throughout the week and next weekend.
(Casey only gets to help me on the weekends, i also feel bad asking him for so much help)

anywho, message me your number and i might ask you to help me out sometime during the week. thanks bud! :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
MOAR UPDATES!!!

doesn't look like much progress, but Casey and I packed up everything today and got it all over to the new integra shell. Only pic from today, yes I'm lazy of taking pics while my hands are dirty and we work, but I try.

Shiny new Exedy Stage 1 Clutch =]
still waiting on those parts from Honda to do more maintenance, YARGH! I hate waiting!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New wheels I picked up during the winter from Honda Tech, it was when right when the midwest got the crazy blizzard in the middle of winter. Funny thing was, I drove all the way with a bud to wisconsin to pick these up the very night that it started to blizzard badly.

16" Rota Torques with BFGoodrich tires

1 - 20 of 153 Posts