Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*updated dyno and 1/4 mile times on page 2*
Whats up guys, its been a while since I have posted because I have been working hard on a few projects, but I wanted to keep you guys posted on my theft rebuild.

As some of you know, my car was stolen on December 20th, and with the recovery of it the following day, and the lack of full coverage insurance, I lost roughly $9k worth of stuff, and left with a blown motor.

I decided to go all out.....After roughly 2 months of saving and buying parts I tackled the motor, interior, and transmission to get it back on the road again.

Here is a complete list of all the mods I put in the car:
Short Block-
B18b hot tanked, painted Gunmetal Grey
81.5mm Over-Bore (1857cc) Deck Bore and Hone
Crank Micropolished and Chamfered
New OEM Bearings (Rods and Mains)
JE 11.5:1 ITR Pistons (10.9:1 static in b18b)
Eagle H-Beam Connecting Rods
Cometic 3-Layer Headgasket
ARP Head Studs
Golden Eagle Block Guard

Head Prep
'92 B18A head
Full Race Port and Polish
3-Angle Valve Job
Crower Dual Valve Springs
Stock Valves and keepers
Stock Cams
AEM Adj. Cam gears

Fuel Management
Greddy E-Manage
Walbro 255 LPH In-tank Pump
AEM Fuel Rail
ECU redline 8600 rpm

Transmission
ACT ProLite 8.8lb Flywheel
Exedy Organic Racing CLutch
Redline MTF fluid

Exhaust
Pro 1 Top Speed 4-1 SS Header
Mozart Cat-Back
Straight Pipe
ES Motor Mount Inserts and End Link Bushings

Electrical
Prestige Alarm W/Brights and brakes wired in
Pioneer 4400 CD Player

Misc.
Iceman Short Ram Intake
95 GSR Grey Leather Front and Back seats
95 GSR Black Carpet
Autometer Oil Pressure, Boost, and A/F Ratio Gauges
C/F 3-gauge A-Pillar Pod

I have roughly 1,194 miles on the odo since rebuild, and I will be going up to Porltand this weekend to dyno it as is.......I will be soon putting on a skunk2 IM again, until I have all the money saved up for my Jackson Racing Supercharger!

Here are some pics:
Prior to theft:

Recovery:

Updated:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I can vouch that this thing hauls a$$ :) I cant wait until you SC it... another FI project for us. That should cover it all, nitrous install, turbo install, and soon supercharger install.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Looks great man! What did the theives steal? Just the cf hood? Also, I noticed you're missing your air vents in the last pic.

Another thing, why did you opt to go with the stock cams and decided not to upgrade to some aftermarket cams? Please keep me posted after the dyno run. I'm curious as to what numbers you put up. Keep up the great work..

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks 95...I opted to stay with the stock cams because I will be installing a JRSC in the near future, in which stock cams would be optimum for!

Here is a complete list of all the stuff lost:
Pioneer 7600mp cd player
MA Audio 6.5" components
Pioneer 6x9's
Phoenix Gold 500x2TI amp
MTX 7000 12" sub
Custom spare tire sub box
Lightning Audio 4 ga wiring
Neuspeed Upper front strut bar
accell 8mm wires
AEM SRI
Greddy Shift Knob
Estimated 300+ cd's
6pc Crafstman reversible wrenches
Fiber Images OEM c/f hood
Wiper arms and blades

They broke/destroyed:
Center console vent
carpet
motor
Passenger kcik panel
Ignition
Driver sider Rear panel

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
it looks awesome nick, way to bounce back

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Your car looks a hell of a lot like mine, except with pretty much all the motor work I wish I had the cash to do.
Nice work, can't wait to see the dyno. May I ask why you are running stock cams?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
white98ls on Apr/07/04 said:
Your car looks a hell of a lot like mine, except with pretty much all the motor work I wish I had the cash to do.
Nice work, can't wait to see the dyno. May I ask why you are running stock cams?
he already answered that. He's planning on running a JRSC and stock cams are perfect for that setup

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Just a few questions...

If you're going to do all that, why not go all the way and do 2.0? Or 1.9?

And what's with the stock cams?!?!

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Peeps need to read.lol I'm so glad to see that you kept the car and decided to re-build it. It came out nicely. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
No Alvin. I tried to get him to go but he wouldnt because he wont have his supercharger on in time! I was like who cares? Anyways, he will be coming up, just not showing.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
That's sucks about your car. Looks like you're going to have a better car now though, with all that work you put into it. You're lucky they didn't steel your rims and suspension. My old car ended up sitting on it's frame and getting moved around by a fork lift =(

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies and comments, I have worked my ass off to get everything together and running, having no Teg for almost 3 months is a killer!

I was VERY fortunate in what was left for me after the theft, the thieves honestly were out for alot of materialistic stuff, and looked past the important stuff. They messed up two of rims in attempt to steal them but didnt succeed, and not a scratch was layed on the body, so I am very fortunate!

I will keep you guys updated, with dyno slips and 1/4 mile slips, and when I get on the SC you will be the first to know!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, this weekend I headed up to Portland and dynoed the ol' car and ran her at the track, I will scan the dyno sheet a little later when I get a scanner, but here are some numbers

I pulled 132 HP right off the bat, and I had my timing set at 18 degrees and I was pinging REALLY bad, so I pulled it down to 15 degrees and I pulled 140.8!!! I was hoping closer to 150 but I have a few more fuel mods to do to get up in there.

BUT I made my way to Portland International Raceway later that night and my best run was 14.7 with a .520 r/t I was pretty excited!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts