Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost everybody is suggesting NGK (did a search) here and when I checked the one for GSR it cost $12 to $15 each spark plug. I'm like WTF, 50 bucks for spark plugs? The part number that I got is PFR6G (Laser Platinum) which is an OE replacement. Is this a regular price or any other cheaper alternative for NGK?

·
Registered
954 Posts
regular price. my dealer wants $20 per plug. I went with the denso iridiums for $50 shipped from ebay. of go with the bosch 4 tips. I had those in there and they were good too.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
bigacuralvr on Feb/05/04 said:
regular price. my dealer wants $20 per plug. I went with the denso iridiums for $50 shipped from ebay. of go with the bosch 4 tips. I had those in there and they were good too.
stay away from the bosch 4 tips. they are a waste of money. i partially blame them for my car not passing emissions a while back.

since you have a LS, the NGK coppers should be fine. they are around $5 a pop.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I wouldnt use copper if they are being used on a v tech. makes a big diff to use platinum. but if it isnt a v tech. just use NGK copper, $12 total at local parts store.

·
Registered
704 Posts
i know many of people that run coppers in there gsr/vtec with no problem...only difference between coper and platinum plugs are
1..price
2..copper is a better conductor..hence better spark..

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you are looking for info on why you would use platinum plugs then just check out the article my MD here

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
since you have a LS, the NGK coppers should be fine. they are around $5 a pop.
[/QUOTE]

I don't have an LS, I have a GSR.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
allb18b on Feb/05/04 said:
i know many of people that run coppers in there gsr/vtec with no problem...only difference between coper and platinum plugs are
1..price
2..copper is a better conductor..hence better spark..
copper is a better conductor, but corrodes faster. platinum is about as good of a reliable conductor that you can get... with the exception of gold... but i would hate to see the price on gold tipped spark plugs [:?]

edit... i just noticed your post... if you have a GSR... go with the platinums. honda doesn't use them as OEM equipment for nothing.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Spoon Spark Plugs!
That's some expensive stuff.

But yeah, read that article by MD if ya'll don't know. I'll keep an eye out for cheap platnum ngk and post if I find anything.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Sounds to me like a dealer price...go to a parts store. They should be more like 6-7 $.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Lapok25 on Feb/05/04 said:
I don't have an LS, I have a GSR.
I would suggest updating your profile then and also I suggest going with a platinum plug.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
iNliNE4 on Feb/05/04 said:
Quote: Lapok25 on Feb/05/04 I don't have an LS, I have a GSR.

I would suggest updating your profile then and also I suggest going with a platinum plug.
BTW: car is LS, engine is GSR

·
Registered
261 Posts
the laser platinums are expensive but i gurantee no one else that makes plugs that make big differences when on the dyno. in my experiences with the b18c1 stock parts work better than aftermarket any day which includes timing belts, waterpumps, oilpumper, headgaskets, and any other seal except that dam cam seal which is better to get from str.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts