Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am a poor college kid, but I wanna throw my car some presents. I have like 600 bucks tops, but I can't really decided what to buy. I already have wheels/tires, and exhaust. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So say I get springs and shocks, would I need anything else to make sure it rides right? I am from Michigan, so if I were to do that, I would definitely need adjustable coilovers since the weather here gets so bad.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Im in college too so i know how you feel man. A turbo would rock but the only reason i would suggest not getting one is that any charger is gonna be high maintanence. If your strapped for cash, your car probably won't get the maintenence it needs with a turbo.

$600 won't do much for you if you go show. yeah you could buy a body kit, but that alone costs 600$. Then you have to get it painted. unless you somehow find an amazing deal, which if it were me i wouldn't want to wait around for a deal THAT good.

Since you've already got exhaust, i'd work on the suspension. You could do a decent amount of upgrading on suspension with $600. Springs, strut/sway bars, and/or shocks. I'm in the process of researching suspension stuff myself. You could easily lower your car and get at least a rear itr sway bar (assuming your not in a type r already) and have money left over.

Or hell, get a kickass system. one can't go wrong with a good system imo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is a 95 GSR...I just signed up last night, so I haevnt gotten around to making a profile or whatever yet. If I were to do suspension, springs and shocks, and thats it?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
might get some upgraded strut braces and what not
another option is how much do you like music
could always get a decent headunit and a decent set of components...its up to you though

Later,
jared

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
When you say exhaust do you mean an exhaust system(ie header, cat, and exhaust) or do you mean a muffler/catback? If you just meant a catback or a muffler, spend that $600 to complete your exhaust system, or if you want go fast mods, buy some cams and cam gears. If it's sound you want invest it in a nice system. If looks are your thing buy a lip kit or a body kit. I personally would go to Rocketz.net and buy the complete OEM replica kit and paint it myself. BTW I've heard some of the fitment issues and whatnot about them, but everyone who addressed this in an email prior to a purchase didn't have any problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a catback...and I already have a decent head unit, and I would rather spend the money on performance than sound and looks...As far as my knowledge of cams and cam gears, they need quite a bit of initial tuning, and to my knowledge there really isn't anywhere around me to do that.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Oh and if you haven't been told since you are new...WELCOME!!!

Couple things read the articles we have a bunch...and these will give you an idea of what will do what...another things to get you safe....

don't bump, double post, ALWAYS search before a new post as we've probably covered it...

Again welcome and enjoy the site!
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
if you do the suspension setup...you should have enough left over for a Short Ram Intake...or if you shop around you can get a GOOD DC Sports header that would suit you nicelly and another thing for the exhaust I got a new Carsound cat off ebay for $40 shipped so shop around and ebay is generally fine for the parts as long as it says NEW

Later,
Jared

·
Registered
457 Posts
You say that you want performance yet it sounds like you don't have an engine package in mind. Before you start throwing money at parts you should come up with an engine package. There is no need to buy a header when you plan on putting a turbo charger on it in a year or so. once you come up with your engine package then you can decide how you want to spend your money on your car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Turbo is pretty much out of the picture...I am still in college, so its like hmm tuition or a turbo? As much as I would like a turbo, I do kinda need to take classes

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
lol ya that's cool you won't be able to buy/sell anything on here for a few days but I shop around online for info/price comparison then I'll look on eBay for the same options and look at our sponsors we get a 10% discount...

Next Level Motoring is our performance parts sponsor...but as listed above me get in mind your END goals for the car...if you do suspension it can never hurt

Decent package since no turbo

TOKICO HP SHOCKS & SPRINGS INTEGRA 94 to 01 $345 shipped

DCSPORTS HEADER ACURA INTEGRA 94-99 GSR $285 shipped

This setup is just a tad higher then you were wanting but a NICE setup for $600...give you better steering/handling and the header will give you a little performance boost...

for the shocks it isn't more then a 2" drop so you SHOULDN'T need a camber kit but you may so you could get those now and then save up to intall them just incase you have to get a camber kit...this is what I'd do imo

Later,
Jared

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.