Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, as most of us would say in here "i still need more power"...i have I/H/E...what next? throttle body, skunk2 IM?

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
can you guys stop asking this question? just research and read the articles and old posts then you should know. and state for us your goals: hp, e.t.'s, etc. and maybe your budget. just use "what next" as your search query. or click here: what next???

sorry didn't mean to flame at you. quoting MD..."you owe me $100 for every suggestion i give you"...hehe...you really should charge people MD. hehehe. i always wonder, what do you do for a living?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Michael Delaney on Sep/18/02 said:
Quote: 96dc2 on Sep/18/02 i always wonder, what do you do for a living?
I'm the pool cleaner at the Playboy Mansion.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! That just made my day
You have my envy big guy.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
how bout you try to finish your exhaust system by installing a high-flow catalytic converter? oh and do you upgraded cams or turbo? no? then i wouldn't do an intake manifold or throttle body yet.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
thats gotta be the best job in the world!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
i would do it for free 24/7. damn....that would be nice...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LT6916 on Sep/18/02 said:
how bout you try to finish your exhaust system by installing a high-flow catalytic converter? oh and do you upgraded cams or turbo? no? then i wouldn't do an intake manifold or throttle body yet.
im trying to PREPARE for turbo you see...its typically good to get all the secondaries for something before you actually get it...

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Well now thats a whole different story.

What type of whp are you gunning for? Powerband location?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BlueTeg on Sep/18/02 said:
Well now thats a whole different story.

What type of whp are you gunning for? Powerband location?
around 250(ish)whp...give or take, stock bottom end...mid-upper, more on mid range...i plan on doin the entire turbo system myself..so to refine my original question, I was wondering if anyone had any *suggestions* for parts that I can add on that will not infringe on my current performance too much with the insight of eventually installing a turbo system...hopefully now I wont have to bend over and grab my ankles :D

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
try over on the FI forum...there are more people there that actually HAVE a turbo or SC who can guide you better from firsthand experience. They've already done the mistakes and learned from them. If they are generous, they may actually share some things that will prevent future problems so you don't repeat the same mistakes they did.

There's no point in getting cams, injectors,exhausts, pistons, headwork, TB now since they would be entirely wrong for a turbo or would make your current NA setup gutless in the midrange and overly rich interms of air fuel ratio in certain parts of the rev range. Each application has it's optimal size and design layout in the parts combination. Unfortunately what is good for N/A would suck on a turbo and vice versa.

I guess you can get little things like stiffer rear springs, an LSD, polyurethance engine mounts, ignition upgrading, fuel pump upgrading....but the major engine build up stuff should be left for when you are ready to rock and roll with the kit.

·
Registered
392 Posts
edelbrock 65mm throttle body unless going turbo then u will need 70mm. edelbrock intake manifold. free up all the air u can get.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Chris Rado's B18C1 turbo that ran in the high 8's and made over 800 whp using boost in the upper 20's to mid 30's used a 62mm TB. People have a lot of misinfo about the size of the TB and really don't understand when and how to size them properly. It's all driven by the IM plenum size. I think if you search under "plenum size" you may get some old threads where we discuss this aspect of parts integration.

The only 70 mm TB that is close to that size for a teg oN THE THROTTLE PLATE/IM side of the TB (not the intake side of the TB) is the BBK which has the notorious distinction of having the plate stick open at the most inopportune times.

There are several 70mm tapered TB's available (Erick's, Spoon, JG for example)...or you can have machine shop overbore your stock one knowing that Honda TB's cannot be overbored by more than 4mm on the plate side.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There's no point in getting cams, injectors,exhausts, pistons, headwork, TB now since they would be entirely wrong for a turbo or would make your current NA setup gutless in the midrange and overly rich interms of air fuel ratio in certain parts of the rev range. Each application has it's optimal size and design layout in the parts combination. Unfortunately what is good for N/A would suck on a turbo and vice versa.

I guess you can get little things like stiffer rear springs, an LSD, polyurethance engine mounts, ignition upgrading, fuel pump upgrading....but the major engine build up stuff should be left for when you are ready to rock and roll with the kit.
Thats basically the exact answer I was lookin for..would an MSD SCI work ok, or would it be better to go with Digital 6? i'm not sure if the SCI automatically retards the timing when it senses boost...i was just thinkin ignition, IM, TB, fuel rail/pump and my springs are pretty stiff as is(skunk2 coilovers)...engine mounts are such a pain but def a necessity

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't ever compare a full race car to your car on the street. The sci is a 6al with a different cover. If you are set on a turbo than cams are very hard to choose from. A im and tb will help regardless. LSD, Walbro 255, ignition, poly engine mount or solid, Dist cap with external coil are a must. These are universal parts needed for any high powered integra. Let me know I have some laying around. Go through the forums and other sites to get as much info as possible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts