Team Integra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
@teg1992 1st and 2nd gear are useless and 3rd and 4th are useless when its wet. LSD will be a big help if you get it. If you can get your hands on a triple core half rad, then I would say get one unless you are trying to keep a/c. When I bought my turbo, it only had one wastegate flap on it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Waxed my car on sunday and drove it to school today...it decided that boost was too much and the CV joints started to really give out so I had to drive it at 20mph down a highway for roughly 5 miles to make it home safely. Gonna replace the axles after I finish this butterscotch pudding. YAY POWER!!!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
For the whole duration I have had my car, this has been the first incident. I'm really hoping I don't break my studs off. If they do break, then I'm probably gonna get some ARP extended ones just for kicks and giggles.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
In the Halloween spirit, I wore my scarecrow mask that I made for this years Halloween party. It now faces the back of my car scaring people behind me!

My teg also has one whole teg friend because people like single slammers and subies around my area.

He has an RS and is a few weeks away from boosting it with a small Garret .60 trim. Super small thing compared to my evo 8 turbo but he is just shooting for 200 ish hp because of is stock internals. The paint job is rough but everything else on his car is clean. Bought it for 1300 with 130k miles so it was a pretty good deal for him.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Soooo it was my friends 21st this weekend so we met up in Portland and went to his place in Washington afterwards...On my way home there were these kids in the back of a Saturn staring at my car so I did a ricer fly by and made their day. They gave me a thumbs up when they passed me. Pretty much made my day. Anyways, there were a lot of supercars and some people actually looked at my car...YEAH! So here's a pic of my car next to a porsche and an eg hatch that had a cool custom header on it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Spent the weekend with my car...
Cleaned the dash
Washed the car
Girlfriend did the dishes (best gf ever)
Changed tranny fluid
Oil changed
Brakes bled
Clutch bled
Footwell lighting put back together
Greased my dried out slide pins on my rear brakes (yay no more brake light...maybe)

That was my weekend and am going to a meet in an hour. Should be ordering heavy duty axles sometime soon.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
The meet was pretty cool. Talked to some other Honda fellows who owned civics. Always nice talking to other people about cars. One of my favorite things when I go to meets.

One picture of my car

Picture of most of the cars there.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Well a couple things happened in the past week.

First off, I beat a wrx!...and then my buddy told me my boost gauge went up to 15...dang.
Went to my tuner and it's diagnosed as my wastegate is going bad which means
1. I replace it with a stock actuator
2. I repair mine with a new diaphragm and spring
3. I go balls to the wall setup and invest in an external wastegate set up

Now for the good news!
I got peanuts in the mail along with a full race pro street traction bar!

What came with the package. Excuse the electronics and what not.

How it looks like on the car. Installation took roughly an hour because everything is absolutely perfect fitment unlike anything I have installed before!

I would have gone with the proam kit if I had a different turbo setup. I can now take off and go all the way through first and second without worrying about anything. The launch is super quick and I am impressed. 10/10 would buy again! Another thing I noticed is that it also has hooks for when you get towed. You have to be careful when you jack up the front due to how it fits but it's not really a big deal.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
@drmix I gaurantee youll need one. 1st and 2nd and maybe even third will lack traction at full boost! I had serious problems holding traction and now I dont have to worry about it as much.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Noticed my trunk was leaking still...(I can't get away from this problem) Luckily, the leak was from the passenger side hatch drain hose being disconnected from the elbow that leads to the outside of the car.

I didn't stop there though because my house was airing out from being bug bombed.

-Polished my headlights
-Discovered I could polish my intercooler piping and radiator
-Cleaned my engine bay
-Repainted my battery tiedown but was too lazy and only put down one coat of primer and one coat of blue...It looks bad but at least it isn't orange anymore!
-Rewired my sub lights to my switch using a 5amp fuse
-Cleaned a bunch of other spaces I neglect on the daily
-Greased some electrical connections so they would be less prone to rusting
-Took pictures of my engine bay!

Before on the right and after on the left

Radiator

Piping close up

Engine bay shot

All in all, I'm just glad to have less dirt and dust in my bay! Next pay check goes towards fixing my wastegate!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
It's been a while but not a whole lot has happened lately

Today, I received my forge piston type wastegate.

I also ordered a hallman manual boost controller with a ceramic ball inside of it, a pair of corbeau forza sport seats in black cloth, corbeau 5 point camlock harnesses, and double locking sliders for the seats for the adjustability! Needless to say I am pretty happy and thankful for my bonus check this year. Hopefully my boost problem will be solved and hopefully these seats are better than stock LS seats.

81 - 100 of 325 Posts