Team Integra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
@drmix Ill get a video one of these days I have off, but the HKS sounds so righteous!

I'm going to invest in better gauges, traction bar, new daily tires, and possibly new axles. I still want to get my wheels hydrodipped blue one of these days.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
So I put in a fire extinguisher and took a picture while my brother was waiting on me...

I also received my pay check today and am going to buy a better intercooler tomorrow. The car just isn't safe to drive when cruising at 60 gives me a 1000 degree EGT reading.

Hopefully it will be here before monday but I highly doubt that it will.

Also ordered a fuel pump gasket on monday? (I can't remember)

It was leaking when I got my car back and I had no idea. My buddy and I had celebratory cigars on a 30 minute drive while there was a fuel leak out of the gasket. Needless to say we were really lucky and I am never going to smoke in my car again. (That was the first and last time)

That's pretty much it for now. I'll post a new intercooler pic when I get it installed and hopefully I'll be able to beat my dad's 04 Dodge Ram (Has roughly 500whp).

I am also selling my skunk2 header, mishimoto catch can, and K&N SRI kit for anyone in the willamette valley area.

·
Registered
212 Posts
nice set up man shows you dont have to make 800 hp to have fun are you going to post a video

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
@JDR Thank you! I might get one this weekend if I take it for a drive but its spotless right now and I dont want a dirty black car again. We will see! Even I'm curious on 0-60 times and what not.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Still have yet to get a video of the unofficial quarter mile in front of my house. My dad's friend wants to hit the strip against me in his duramax so this weekend should be interesting! Anyways, I received my go autoworks intercooler a day earlier than expected so I painted it black for stealth factor and made a blue stencil of a stick of dynamite...my art skills aren't the best...

Intercooler should be on today or tomorrow but hopefully it makes a world of difference!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Sooooo I replaced my inercooler and it cools better but the only thing that I have noticed that is different is that when I reach around 4500 rpms at WOT in third or fourth gear, the car will shutter and act like its hitting the rev limiter...the clutch is still grabbing so its not a clutch issue...I think it's my ecu because my launch control is set at 4500. I am tuned on Neptune on an obd2a to OBD1 conversion. I am absolutely clueless.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Well I figured why not post some pictures today so here are two...

The difference between the intercoolers are the end tank designs, the fins on the go autoworks one are staggered on the inside, the autoworks one is slightly thicker and taller.

The license plate is in the way of the stencil but it doesn't bother me a whole lot.

Doing a little research, I read that you can go up to around 1600F on the EGT which makes a whole lot of sense. Still trying to figure out what the issue with the shuttering is...It only does it when you go WOT. If you ease on the throttle, then it won't shutter...cars are such a love/hate.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Quick update. I called my tuner and he thinks my car is over boosting and my ecu is cutting off the fuel due to too much boost when WOT. Makes sense so I'm taking her in tomorrow to see what the deal is.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I took my car in the other day and it was just some intercooler piping that came loose when I man handled everything together...OOPS!!!!

Since I need new all seasons, I'm gonna get some Hankooks for 300 bucks and put them on next week. Gonna go with 205/50/15 Hankook Ventus V2's. They look like a good all around tire. If it didn't rain so much in Oregon, then I would get a set of summer tires.

On an unrelated note I beat Dark Souls 2 last night so that was cool.

I plan on getting an autopower bolt in 4 point roll bar after these tires. I really want a weld in one so I don't have to drill but beggers can't be choosers and I have never touched a TIG welder. Then will come corbeau forzas, corbeau 5 points or 4 points (Haven't decided yet), and then I will get a quick release wheel and slicks. Hopefully I will have all of that by April when autocross season starts back up!

·
Registered
31 Posts
hey, im new to autox and only did a couple events this season. I plan on doing more next yr and maybe making a couple trips to OR for some events.

Sub'd to follow your Go Fast racecar

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Thanks @DCiFound This was my first full season and I loved it! EESCC has good competition in the SMF class. Only thing that sucks about Oregon is that good roads are difficult to come by...and it rains 9 months out of the year

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
So I've been wanting to get rid of the gold on my wheels and my brother gave me this great idea that I am able to implement with paint that I have used on my intercooler and valve cover! I'm doing blue where the gold was with a black lip and here is my progress so far!

They are sitting over night so I can tape off the black tomorrow and paint the blue and clear. Looking at them now I realize that painting it blue and then painting the black lip would have looked sooooooooo much better! Aw well, beggers can't be choosers?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I ended up having enough black to do what I wanted! In picture, the final product black to blue fade doesn't look consistent but in person it looks fantastic! Only thing I am worried about is having dirt get on them while they dry.

I also got my tires in the mail today!

That's pretty much it for a while, gotta save some money before buying a roll bar so there probably won't be an update for a month or two.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey there. I have the same exact turbo and will be applying it to a B1.8 LS (1994) initially, and if I manage to blow that up I have a B17A1 (Vtec, 192 GSR) in reserve. I'll do the standard intercooler route as you have.

Any gotchas that you would change if you did it again?

Did you hook up the cooling to the center section, or just use the oil?

I had this turbo on a 3.4 Fiero and it worked well, just used the oil for that application and it held up just fine.

Did you use an external wastegate? If so, is your external wastegate run as a dual feed until the mouth of the gate to maintain the dual scroll aspect?

Thanks,

Chay

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
@teg1992 Had I had a second chance, I would have saved up more money and bought a better intercooler, autometer gauges, and saved up more money and done the head work myself because the labor bill was insanely high. It only has the oil hooked up. I would probably also invest in a turbo timer just because it can save some time and save your turbo if you forget too often. It's actually internally wastegated but has a Forge wastegate actuator which holds 10psi all the way through til redline.

Good news everyone! The wheels and tires look *****in!!!

It's a crummy picture but I will get some good ones someday.

On my way home I saw an S14 with bride seats, deep dish wheels, and a giant intercooler with no bumper...and a babelicious female driving it! :whistle

Anyways, that's what has happened since the last update and I hope that other people enjoy my work this weekend at the local car meets at OSU.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
She was right behind a police officer in mid traffic. We had a stare down. First time I have seen that S14 in Eugene. Looked like a drift missile that was properly built!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hear ya on the turbo timer. I installed a cheap remote-entry alarm in the wife's car and was blown away that it had an integrated turbo timer. I'll prolly go that route.

I've welded up the internal wastegates (There is one per scroll as you know), just by holding the gates closed and tack welding the operating shaft. I have an external gate (Large!) which can be set wherever. It was at 8 psi for the 3.4.

Sound like it's tons of fun and can't wait to join you. I'm going to try to go with a modified stock '92 GSR exhaust manifold and keep the full rad, but I haven't mocked it up yet; not sure I can get it high enough for the oil return to work properly.

We'll see.

Chay

61 - 80 of 325 Posts