Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Finally got my turbo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I just need another paycheck and a lot of time for labor and such! Only part that sucks about all of this is I am gaining back all of the weight I took out which is discouraging...Here's some money shots!

39.4lbs!!!! My header right now only weighs maybe 5lbs! At least it will be more power! :driving:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Had time to work on Black Dynamite on sunday so I did just that. Started at 11am and ended at 7pm because I like to take my time when working alone. It takes a lot of stress away when you don't have to rush. Anyways, I spent a lot of time finding the right place to mount my intercooler. I ended up buying three L shaped brackets and drilled through the front of the bumper support and stuck a long bolt (3.5" bolt?) through it with washers and lock washers. Grinded up most of the inside of my bumper which I didn't like to do. Here are the two pictures I got of the project!

Mocking it up with zip ties. I wanted it to be right here so I wouldn't have to drill anything but the DRLs were in the way.

The final product!

After that I put on my sandwich plate and oil pressure gauge...my engine now leaks like a mofo out of the plate so I have to fix that before I drive it again. About three more weeks and this car will finally be turboed! :driving: Gotta love spending tons of money...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well I pulled my car in to my shop to remove the sandwich plate and see what the deal was. Turns out the two bolt used for blocking oil were threaded the wrong way when I used thread tape...OOPS!!! I put everything back together and went for a test drive and didn't see any leaks. Hopefully my problem is solved. If it leaks some more, then I have some copper high heat silicone stuff I bought that should cure the leak. I also got my 3 layer head gasket, both clutch switches, a cam seal, and my oil pan gasket set which is nice to have around. Probably won't have any more updates until I put my radiator in or turbo it.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Cant wait to see how it turns out! I havent heard of anyone using an evo turbo on a Honda before.

Im glad that tape fixed the issue. That stuff is tricky to put on. Usually takes me doing it a couple times to get it right lol. What are you doing for the oil pan just tapping into it or replacing it with an aftermarket?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I'm just gonna have my tuner tap in to the current pan since theyre gonna pulll it off for replacing my rod bolts and oil pan gasket. I smelt oil once or twice under WOT on the drive to my gf's house but hopefully it's old oil from sunday or something. One of the employees at garage 808 had 320 ft-lbs running to his LS and he said he was doing 60mph burnouts. The torque curve is so steep it's ridiculous! Theyre the ones who gave me the idea. Plus its a lot cheaper than buying a 1200 brand new garrett lol.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ordered a slim fan from Mishimoto and it came in a timely matter! I couldn't resist ordering a blue one. It's the 12in model and I bought the universal mounting kit to make it work with my radiator...hopefully everything will fit pretty easily.

Scheduled my turbo appointment for sure for the 17th of this month so that weekend will be pretty sweet if I do say so myself. PS removal should happen tonight!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
So I removed my PS...not too sure how I feel about it...I can definitely feel the road a lot better but the steering effort is tremendous for my skinny gringo arms. AutoX is this weekend so I will see how I do.

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
As long as the car is rolling at all, the depowered and looped PS rack is fine. You'll need to get used to it after a lifetime of having PS, but it's not bad at all, and you'll thank yourself the next time you go karting.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Did you remove the pump and loop the rack? I did and had bald (more contact area) 205/55/15 on LS Mesh, just because, then went to brand new 195/55/15 and it was even easier to turn the wheel.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I did the good ol Meltman loop method which was really simple! I am used to driving with PS on 195 width tires. Ive been driving with it for 3 years on this car. Its like a whole different style of driving. Im just gonna leave the PS off because every change needs time to get used to it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
It's also easy to turn for the first 3/4 of the wheel turning and then it gets really hard even at a rolling speed. It has really taught me to shuffle steer and actually hold on to the wheel though.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Got my half rad and blue fan in!!!! Had my buddy weld in the bottom brackets in place after I grinded them off! The only thing I forgot to do was to paint where I grinded...Here's the last pic before the turbo appointment on wednesday!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well since my car has been in the shop for two full days now, I have had a little time between binging on Destiny and working to put together my four autocross runs. I did horrible this event and could have done better. The first lap was my fastest and my fourth lap had a passenger in it which really messes with the way I can manipulate my car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqu5h2qbOkE

Hopefully I can get my car back before saturday so I can go to the local car meet and show off the goods! Unfortunately, the shop owner who is in charge of working on my car was hospitalized for being really sick so I'm hoping he gets well soon.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Just another quick update...I went to the shop and they said my intercooler would not be good to run for my power goal since it is apparently only good for around 200hp whereas my goal is now at 250hp...so they have to order some parts which wont show up until monday or so and then they still have to install that stuff and do a lot of fab work...

Basically I am without transportation for a week...good thing I live where I work!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
@drmix they recommended a precision intercooler so thats what I am going with. It's garage 808 and they are the go to place for hondas in the near area. It will cool better so Im kind of over it. It will be nice to be on the ramen diet for another month again!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Quick update...
Called them yesterday and they have the head back on and the rod bolts done. Apparently my skunk2 header got cracked on a flange which my guess would be because it was the alpha series and it was solid mounted for about a week when I got it. They are just gonna use my intercooler since ordering one would take a while. The other concern they have is about my Forge wastegate actuator and they think it might possibly put out a big amount of boost. I don't know what kind of spring is in it but im hoping it doesnt go over 10psi. They also said I should invest in better gauges later on which I figured I would have to since they are 40 bucks a gauge. I will have the car back before saturday evening which will be great because it just started raining again...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Good news, everyone!

I got my car back saturday evening and boy is it a kick in the pants! :D

They tuned it at a safe 230whp and 208 ft-lbs of torque! It turns out that my intercooler is in fact too small. The exhaust temps are way too high to run hard so I have been taking it easy for now until I can order a good one on wednesday! These guys slaved away for countless nights and worked pass shop hours and I truly appreciate the work they did!

Here's some charts and stuff!!!

It has a 3 inch downpipe and a 2.5 inch cat back and it is quiet as stock is until you hit boost. It's running 10 psi and holds it there until redline due to the aftermarket wastegate actuator!

They did have to put on a new FPR and a MAP sensor that could handle the boost. All in all, it was all worth it!

41 - 60 of 325 Posts