Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2001 GSR that is completely stock, except for an AEM CAI that I installed maybe 15 years ago (I kept the original intake and may re-install that soon). I am the original owner, and the car has about 108K original miles. I daily drove it for several years until kids happened about 10 years ago. Now it's garage kept, and I just drive in the summers on nice days.

This thing is starting to become valuable (especially since it's basically stock, never stolen, never wrecked, 1-owner), and would love to keep it as a preservation project in the coming years. I'm not sure what to do with it, and am looking for opinions / advice.

I've always sought to keep it stock / OEM parts - down to the accessory belts - but it's getting more difficult with time. For example, this weekend I did timing belt / water pump / etc. and noticed the crank pulley was junk (dry rotted / old / rusted). I had difficulty finding an OEM replacement and had to go with an aftermarket damper (Fluidampr). It's getting tougher to keep the thing original, and as time goes on more and more parts will fail. My catalytic converter is starting to sound like a coffee can full of marbles, so an exhaust is next on the list (no CEL, yet). Tough to find any original exhaust for this car except for sketchy ebay or used stuff. I'm thinking my hand will be forced to aftermarket exhaust components soon. Will that dramatically harm any resale for the car?

·
Administrator
3,931 Posts
The Type R is definitely increasing in value, but all other models really aren't. They're a dime-a-dozen. While I agree that these cars are becoming tougher & tougher to find stock, having an stock aftermarket exhaust system isn't going to hurt the value.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts