Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am obviously new to this forum. Just wanted to introduce myself and hope to learn from everybody on here. Currently building a 99 Integra GS Vogue Silver Metallic on Grey leather. I have only owned my Integra for a few months. This is my second Integra, had a 95' LS 2nd Gen back in TFATF days, Granada Black Pearl on Taupe.

Anyway, like I said, hope to get any assistance with the build (and possibly source some parts).

Thanks guys!!
348364.jpg

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
welcome to the group and we are here as a group to help you on your journey.

Looks clean, what are the plans for the integra. What direction are you thinking of going, such as a show car or track or all around fun toy to drive ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome to the group and we are here as a group to help you on your journey.

Looks clean, what are the plans for the integra. What direction are you thinking of going, such as a show car or track or all around fun toy to drive ?
Thank you very much! My plans have evolved since I picked it up a few months ago. Me and my two sons have decided to make it a super clear street cruiser for now. The first thing we did was get a good overall evaluation of the mechanical condition of it, which came back with a great report.

It is an automatic setup, but I will eventually want to do an auto/manual swap (nothing too crazy, no K swap, maybe a GSR-R power plant B18C1. So far we have done the following:

• TruHart Camber correction kits - front/rear with new rear LCA's
  • Coilovers
  • Brake Rotors - Pads & reconditioned the calipers (which were painted red when we got the car) back to silver
  • Front & Rear Strut tower brace, sub frame brace
  • New OEM Taillights
  • Reconditioned front headlight - & replaced cleared corner signals with OEM amber
  • Rewired some of the hack job from previous owner, i.e. butt connectors everywhere
  • New Konig Hypergram's 17x8 45+ OS, wrapped in Continental Extreme Contact Sports 205/45 R17
That is pretty much it for now. We are starting to look for a good solid B18C1 motor, but as you all know on here; hard to find. If you can point me in the right direction for the motor and all the swap stuff, that would be awesome.

Thank you for the warm welcome to your community!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some more progress pic, and the day we picked it up on the "hook".

Thank you for all of the positive feedback guys!!

Front Respray - prepped

Starting the tear-down

What a mess........

First Day home, in original form when I picked it up

The day we picked up the Integra...........:)

Hope you all enjoy the shots. If you gys are interested in seeing how the build continues, I will keep posting pictures if you like them!!!

Thank you again!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that your taco? I have one as well for my main driver, slightly older than that one lol.
Yes! I love it! This is my 3rd one. I has an 06' TRD Sport Access Cab 4wd, sold it and got a 17' Tacoma, SR5 - then I traded that in for this 2020 TRD Off Road back in Dec of 2019.

This has a great build on it too!! ICON UCA's, Fox coilovers and resivoir shocks, Old Man Emu AAL, Method Race Wheels, BFG MT's.......etc
If you want pics and more infor on the build, I can send you the stuff offline through email. I don't want to get kicked off of this forum by talking Tacomas........lol ;)

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
I do love a good taco build, are you on tacomaworld? my poor excuse for a build on my 06 is on there, my integra build is also on there too now that i think about it lol.

how did it do towing the car? I figured that wouldve been over the limit for these trucks, at least brake wise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do love a good taco build, are you on tacomaworld? my poor excuse for a build on my 06 is on there, my integra build is also on there too now that i think about it lol.

how did it do towing the car? I figured that wouldve been over the limit for these trucks, at least brake wise.
Ha! nice!

Dude.....the Tacoma performed flawlessly towing the Integra, not 1 issue whatsoever! The U-Haul trailer weighs in at 2000lbs, and the Integra (as you know) weighs in at 2600-2700lbs roughly. So technically, I was way under the 6800 lb limit that the 2020 TRD 4WD off-road is rated at. Stopping, with the Integra on the trailer, was a little more calculated. Just need to give yourself a few more feet, for sure. Btw, this was before I added the Fox suspension setup, obvious sagggg, lol. Other than that, it was flawless!!

Here are a few pics of the Tacoma, past and present!

FOX Coilover and ICON UCA's installed

The "Family" - 06, TRD, 17' SR5 and 20' TRD OR

How he sits today!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also.....here is my old 95' 2nd Gen Integra LS manual that I built back in 2001. It had Neuspeed front and rear strut tower braces, Eibach lowering springs on OEM shocks... I was poor, lol. 17x8 Enkie RS Evolutions on 205/40 R17 Kumho Ecsta (?? I think) tires. That was it...no camber correction kits here!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Also.....here is my old 95' 2nd Gen Integra LS manual that I built back in 2001. It had Neuspeed front and rear strut tower braces, Eibach lowering springs on OEM shocks... I was poor, lol. 17x8 Enkie RS Evolutions on 205/40 R17 Kumho Ecsta (?? I think) tires. That was it...no camber correction kits here!!

View attachment 106822

this is a 3rd gen body style from 95. It looks clean btw and i like that color, looks like a purplish blue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts