Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this has been going on for a while now.. i thought i needed new tires because they were getting kind of worn but still had plenty of tread.. so i went ahead and bought a new pair of fronts.. just the stock tire sizes. Set the tire pressure to about 37psi all around for everyday driving.

FYI, it never did this with my stock LS transmission. Everything started with the install of my ITR trans and ACT clutch/12lbflywheel/pressure plate..

when i get on the throttle, i slam 2nd..it sounds almost like dumping the clutch out of 1st..its very loud.. slam third gear.. its just as loud.. slam 4th gear its loud, 5th gear it's pretty faint but definitely noticeable.

idk.
im not saying this is a bad thing, but im kind of worried about my tire life. my tires smoke all the way through 2nd gear. Is this normal or what? It's not like i have a highly modded engine.. just some drivetrain upgrades. thats it.

that is my only flaw.. otherwise the setup kicks ass.
someone give me some insight on what i can do about this? or should i just leave it be?
thanks.
cheers.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
ummm are you just trying to brag? j/k but the stock tire size isn't anything special so you may just finally need to go aftermarket so that there will be more rubber on the pavement other then that not sure what it could be?
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no im really not trying to brag..haha.
that's what im afraid of, going aftermarket and paying for a nice set of tires and burning the tread off every few months and having to replace them.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
loud_whispers on Feb/06/04 said:
sorry guys.. my car is actually an RS.. forgot..
you should just update your profile
and if you get aftermarket get a good set of tires if you get a set that grips I doubt they will burn off quite as fast

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Cheap tires won't grab very well. My GRS w/88k and original clutch chirps 3rd. I put my Kumhos' back and its only second now.

Since you have an upgraded tranny and clutch it's grabbing a lot better so thats the reason for your spinning/chirping.

Get a good set of tires and have your motor mounts checked. All this chirping/spinning is slowing you down considerably, so it defeats the purpose of your modificatins.

You may also want to look into upgrading your suspension.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Furious94LS on Feb/06/04 said:
Cheap tires won't grab very well. My GRS w/88k and original clutch chirps 3rd. I put my Kumhos' back and its only second now.

Since you have an upgraded tranny and clutch it's grabbing a lot better so thats the reason for your spinning/chirping.

Get a good set of tires and have your motor mounts checked. All this chirping/spinning is slowing you down considerably, so it defeats the purpose of your modificatins.

You may also want to look into upgrading your suspension.
very good point. i didnt think about the motor mounts nor suspension that may cause the problem.

i have stock suspension.. i already have my TEIN HA's on order.. they are coming in about a week or 2.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im going to check my motor mounts right now.. i really didnt notice anything when i installed the trans. but i'll check again..

im going to upgrade to ES mounts somewhere down the line.. maybe that can nuetralize it somehow.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Or you could let out some of that tire pressure. I kept my stock tires at 32psi, never anymore and even less for track use. What kind of tires are they? I can't believe no-one else posted this. Also if you are talking about on the track try feathering the clutch or letting the revs drop as you shift, if you are talking about on the street, STOP DRIVING SO FAST.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hakamoto on Feb/06/04 said:
Or you could let out some of that tire pressure. I kept my stock tires at 32psi, never anymore and even less for track use. What kind of tires are they? I can't believe no-one else posted this. Also if you are talking about on the track try feathering the clutch or letting the revs drop as you shift, if you are talking about on the street, STOP DRIVING SO FAST.
i can't rev high while launching, i will spin and not move at all, i always feather from about 2500..

and who doesnt open their car up on the road once in a while especially after adding modifications?
if you dont then your a liar =)

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
if you bought new tires why didnt you upgrade to some falkens or yokohama? and motor mounts wont stop chirping tires. just get better tires or better tires and wider rims, and it sounds like u got the suspension coming.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts