Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paid $170 to get old tint off and new tint on. This was done last Saturday. Was told to wait 5-7 days for the tint to fullt be on or whatever to the window, and if I don't like to bring it back (which I am heavily debating). My main gripes:

Back window dots (I've read about sanding them, painting them, vinyl, or just not tinting), I think I am going to have it just not tinted there. I mean, look at this second pic!

Dots along the small back windows have tint and it's not on there very well as you will see. It took to some of it, majority it did not.

Now my last gripe is the edges of the driver/passenger windows. The windows themselves don't have any bubbles and look fine. But the edges just bother the hell out of me. Theres like gaps cut out, did they run low on the roll of tint or were just careless when applying? Am I being too picky?

^^ at least they didnt try to tint the dots on this window!

So overall, is it just a crappy job? Low quality tint? This is my first time getting my car tinted myself so I'm just curious if I'm being too picky or do I deserve a better job? I hate the thought of taking it back and leaving my teg another half day cuz these guys messed up and will probably mess up agian! ugh!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i wouldn't say that it a typicla job...i paid 140 and mine looked a hell of a lot better then that. as far the dots on the back window i would either not tint them at all. or do what i have now and that is put a black piece of vinyl over that area. it looks a lot cleaner and blocks out more of the sun.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Yes, that is something that happens on cars with DOT matrix. When I got mine done I waited about a month and some of it went away, but I took it back to where I got it done and they put a piece of black vinyl there and it looks 10X better.

·
Registered
157 Posts
wow are you kidding....not even a question about it...take that **** back and get your money back. thats crap. that is not how its supposed to look, and it is not gonna look any better if you give it more time. You need to take that **** back asap. The dots in the rear window wont hold the tint but the ones on the door wil if its done right.

·
Registered
157 Posts
DarkIntegra on Feb/01/06 said:
i wouldn't say that it a typicla job...i paid 140 and mine looked a hell of a lot better then that. as far the dots on the back window i would either not tint them at all. or do what i have now and that is put a black piece of vinyl over that area. it looks a lot cleaner and blocks out more of the sun.
did you just use a normal sun visor vinyl? was it a ***** to put on?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
i paid more than most of you but mine had no bubbles at all so i would say take that back. it looks horrible. when i had mine done, they did not tint the dots and i think it looks just fine. i have probably the lightest tint you will ever see so its hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
191 Posts
take it back. I paid $200 at a very reputable shop (same shop that tints the windows for all the philadelphia sports arenas, and pro athletes) for mine and it came out perfect. stuck to the dots, the cut offs were perfect to the edges, and zero bubbles.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.