Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just recently hooked up with some 15" Civic SI wheels, but need to get new tires for them.

I am probably going to get the Kumho Ecsta AST's, since I'm broke, but cant decide on which size. I plan on lowering my car in the future, prolly with H&R sports w/tokico illums, and just want to be sure I'll be good on clearance with it lowered.

Should I go with 205/50s or 195/55s, 195/50s, etc...?

I live in east texas, where the weather is mostly warm with very little rain/snow.

Since everyone loves a good pic...my wheels look like this. Sadly, not my car.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
205/50R15 is more performance oriented. Wet traction will suffer, but it should be better in the dry.

195/55R15 is the stock size. Better in the rain, but it won't be quite as sharp in the dry. It also won't throw off the speedometer at all.

I had 205/50R15 for years now. I think it looks best. The ASTs are decent wet tires so I wouldn't worry about the lost traction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I really like the look of the 205/50s as well.

I'm mainly worried that I will drop my car moderately (not slammed), and my tires will rub, and wasn't sure if the 205's were too wide.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Rubbing shouldn't be an issue with the right offset wheel. I'm not familiar with what the offset on those wheels might be.

I'm dropped about 2" and am running a 215/45/16 with +38 offset with no rubbing at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.