Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright heres the deal. i have a 99 gsr. i recently hydrolocked my car and sent a rod through the block so my bottom end is f-ed. now i have been searching for gsr shortblocks everywhere but its almost impossible to find a gsr longblock let alone a shortblock and people selling shortblocks are out of state or want to much. so i found a 2000 si b16 shortblock with internals for 300. i was planning on getting this just to get me out on the road and to nopi and back and while it was in the car save up to get a built gsr block from importbuilders or somewhere else. i just need something i can get for now to slap a turbo on to bring up to nopi. now my question is this besides a new head gasket and im assuming timing belt is there anything else i am going to need to do this "transplant"??? please any input would appreciated.

·
Registered
910 Posts
if you havent already gotten the b16a2 block i would advise against it. its not a good idea to lower the torque on a car that needs more of it. i think it would suck to drive it unless you keep it in the high end.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Don't get the SI bottom end it's going to give you less torque. Try getting the LS block or CRV block, it's a major project but well worth it. Plus i'm sure you can find a LS block cheaper than gsr. Maybe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts