Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
interesting... i'm sure there's also someway for existing car alarm owners to implement this (?)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
cluelessmale on Feb/10/04 said:
what happens if you battery goes dead?
ya I was thinking about this and if I installed it I'd probably hide a set of contacts that I could arc off of a diff. battery...seems logical to me and it would be easy to hide and something most wouldn't know what to do with even if they found it.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not trying to prevent the thief from stealing cds and a headunit, who cares. That's why I have insurance. I just want them to leave my car where they found it.

Simple solution to most. Hide radar detector behind clock or lock in glove compartment. Could also hardwire it like some members have done. Most cds are burned anyways. Take another 8 minutes and burn another one. Take face plate of headunit.

I mean what are you really asking for a little protection of your car.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/10/04 said:
They can still break the window, reach inside, and grab whatever is in reach (CDs, stereo, radar detector, etc).
Well short of bullet-proof glass or something, anyone can do that...even if an alarm is going off.

I think it is a good idea...kind of unusal, a theif probably wouldn't know why the door wasn't opening, panic and move on.

Strange pics on car domain...you just drill a hole into your door and the deadbolt goes in there? I would have thought there would be a mounting of some kind?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
The concept is great but what if your battery goes dead. Is there some sort of stand by power storage on it? Does the company give some sort of gaurantee on the lock? Can it be integrated to work another aftermarket alarm? I mean because before I spend $200 I would like to know all of these little things.

·
Registered
816 Posts
about the dead battery thing

My wife has shaved handles on her truck and we ran a 4 guage wire from the battery to under the front bumper so that we could hook jumper cables to it. Really something to look into doing if you're gonna get something like this.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.