Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I wanted to know your opinion upon this decision, should I sell my '00 GS Teg, and get a new RSX-S or should I keep the Teg and put stuff into it?

(and on a side question, is it possible to buy a RSX-R imported from japan, and is it that much different from the Type-S?)

·
Registered
375 Posts
First, there's no such thing as an RSX-R. It's an Integra-R with right hand drive and many other things which complicate bringing one over here. I've even heard that it takes 93 octane gas, minimum. If you can't get that then there's no point.

If you like spending money, then get the RSX-S. Right off the bat you'll get +60bhp. You'll also be getting all the luxury features that come with it, not to mention the fact that it would be a new car.

But don't listen to me. I've never driven an RSX-S or an RSX for that matter. Don't listen to anyone else on this or any other board either. Just go and test drive an RSX and if you like enough, then buy it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a stock GSR and my freind has a stock type S
and his car is way faster than mine he runs 14.7 stock
at the track we traded cars for one run i ran a 15.1 in his car and he ran a 15.9 in my GSr

But i would still prefer my GSR

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
If you simply want the additional horsepower, keep your GS and modify it. If you care about things like climate control and more luxurious appointments, go for the Type-S.

You're probably looking at a minimum upgrade cost of $8K. That kind of money will go a long way in performance modifications to your current car.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
I didn't drive the RSX, but I did drive the Civic Si with the exact same engine... It did have power, but as other people 'complained' about, its too damn smooth! It doesn't feel fast, if you know what I mean.

I agree with knavekid as always, with $8k you could do a nice turbo setup, or have one badass N/A B18B monster, pushing ~200whp easy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
it is a hard choice, but this is my take.
RSX-S:
more safe, new air bags w/ side bags
more refined, improved teg
more head rood w/ sunroof
more shifting around town w/ 6speed
more weight
less after market

GS INTEG:
CLASSIC!!!
more speed 4 less $
more aftermarket
less shifting
little less safe
more flex in chasis
old tech, yet still good

TYPE R
makes no sence to me b/c of 12:1 compression and no octane in U.S. to make it right. It is almost the same engine. No sound deadening, no sunroof, LSD, final drive, race seats, etc. All very nice, but costs too much and the 12:1. plus, Mod rsx and go just as fast.

·
Registered
93 Posts
gabe02teg on Dec/20/02 said:
TYPE R
makes no sence to me b/c of 12:1 compression and no octane in U.S. to make it right. It is almost the same engine. No sound deadening, no sunroof, LSD, final drive, race seats, etc. All very nice, but costs too much and the 12:1. plus, Mod rsx and go just as fast.
A stock type s keeps up with a type r
i have a friend that runs 14.7 with it

·
Registered
302 Posts
Wait a year or two.. No doubt about it the Acura RSX Type R is coming to the states. Emissions will change to meet requirements, high octane gas will not be an issue because the compression ratio will drop. Look for the USDM Type R to have a slight less amount of horsepower then the JDM. Nevertheless, it will still be an R and will be on top of the aftermarket once again. I am in line aren't you?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I THINK YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR GS TEG... I DROVE THE RSX-S AND IT'S NICE BUT TOO HEAVY. BESIDES THAT WITH THE MoNEY YOU SAVE FROM NOT GETTING A TYPE-S YOU CAN GO ALL MOTOR oN YOUR TEG... IT'S YOUR CALL

·
Registered
368 Posts
You probably couldnt get much out of an "all motor" GS Integra. You could however turbo that biatch and see some nice gains. But then you will also have to deal with reliability issues. Just get the S. I did when I was in your position and I couldnt be happier with it. Now all im doing is waiting for Jackson Racing to release their supercharger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts