Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed my new rear speakers two days ago with my components in front and i am really disappointed. It doesent that much better then stock. I am amping them this weekend. there seems to be alot of static from my rear speakers. rock sounds sound fine, but other types of music with more bass sound horrible and very staticy. there was an inline crossover in the rear and i dident saughter it to the stock wiring i just twisted them together and tapped it, could this be the problem? please any advice or sugestion would be a huge help

·
Registered
264 Posts
Be careful with new speakers on deck power. If they are a high end speaker then they won't be very efficient. ([email protected]/m or less) High end speakers love power.
Deck power is quite weak and a power hungry speaker can drive the amp in the deck into clipping (distortion) and this'll cook the voicecoil in the speaker giving you a "scratchy" sound.
Break-in of speakers is imperative in long speaker life.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Rob, I'm going to have to disagree. I have a pretty good head unit powering 4 expensive aftermarket speakers. It sounds great and I've got no distortion.

(BTW it is a Pioneer DEH3300 headunit with a 50x4 MOSFET amplifier; Polk EX365 speakers in front, Infinity Reference 652i in the rear plus dynamat all around)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/27/04 said:
Rob, I'm going to have to disagree. I have a pretty good head unit powering 4 expensive aftermarket speakers. It sounds great and I've got no distortion.

(BTW it is a Pioneer DEH3300 headunit with a 50x4 MOSFET amplifier; Polk EX365 speakers in front, Infinity Reference 652i in the rear plus dynamat all around)
Well he is correct...aftermarket high end speakers really need to be amped for them to sound as good as they could. So it may sound good to you, but amp them and then tell me how they sound
especially since you've dynamatted the car. But he is right just FYI. This of coarse is a general rule they do make aftermarket speakers that work well on deck power but their rms is generally lower then that of ones that sound good amped. but ya amp yours and then tell me the difference...almost guarantee an improvement!
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah put more power in them and check the RMS on the back of the speaker so that you can match up a good amp, also make sure the amp u havehas a cross-over built in or at least buy one, you should think about getting a sub also. to take away the bass from you inside speakers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.