Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok can some one clarify what a Integra SI-vtec is? is it like an earlier SIR-II? enngine the same?

wel anyway here is a pic of my ricer hood. When i bought it for 50 bucks I thought dang so damn ricey. But it was cheaper than buying a stock OEM hood. I want to put hood locks on it soon.

but then i saw this picture

and so now it doesnt seem so bad since it looks very similar to the mugen DC5 hood.

Oh yeah i also got SIR-II corners, and JDM fogs. so my JDM front is complete. haha not the same JDM front your thinking about. but hey this is JDM too.

oh and here is my engien bay with my new SI-vtec vin badge ooohhhh.

interior shot

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
this is info from one of my sites..:

All four models had the B18C engine (1.8 vtec), and suspension in common, which is possibly why English websites do not differentiate between them. There was a slight change to the ECU in 1995. There is also the differentiation of headlight style (square or round) and trim/features level.

Model Duration Description
Si VTEC '93 May - '95 Aug Equipped with four round lights.
1995 - Minor ECU change takes place - affects models listed below.
SiR-II '95 Aug - '98 Jan Equipped with four round lights.
SiR '95 Aug - '99 Jul Equipped with square lights.
SiR-G '95 Aug - '00 Aug Equipped with the square lights. This model had superior trim / features than the SiR. For example, with (optional?) automatic, air-conditioning and a keyless entry.

The Type R has a unique spec encompassing a hand-finished engine, thinner windscreen and other weight reduction.

The Honda Integra SiR-G is known as the Acura Integra GS-R in the States, although they are not entirely the same spec - the States model has a different version of the engine (B18C1) which has less power than the B18C.

anddd ofcourse, no it's not the SiR-II

~P2P

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
why does that matter man? you didn't like it til it had a jdm-look to it, then you're happy with it?

it should be about what you think... i think a lot of people like some type of "rice" but are afraid to admit it because they want to be accepted.. who cares why is it so important to fit in?

i'd much rather like my car and get clowned for it than have a car evryone gave me props for but i didn't really enjoy... do the letters jdm make you feel good or something because i seriously don't get the hype and no one has been able to explain to me why it's sooooo cool to be jdm... just curious, not trying to hate

·
Registered
991 Posts
Looks good. I can't wait to install my fogs...I just hope I don't have to remove them to make way for my upcoming FMIC. You should probably throw some amber bulbs in the clear sides of the corners or it'll be a fix-it-ticket since all side lights have to be amber. Looks very nice though. I'd lose the JDM plate and the one thing I'd say your missing is the si-vtec bumper pole. I remember seeing it advertised as part of that front bumper combo.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
damn, that hood hurts my eyes. But i understand how you gotta do what ya gotta do when money is short

·
Registered
511 Posts
I love the 94-97 front end with the fogs and a license plate up front. It just seems like it was meant to be that way. Anyways thats a great looking teg man, and i like your little jdm vin tag. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Solscud007 on Feb/13/06 said:
ok cool So my car is a Si-vtec since it is 94.

what? not if you are in the US and did not buy an original Si Vtec shell they are JDM supplied and here in the UK market imported JDMs. The US prohibits whole importation of these cars. Looks like your LHD car had that added to it mate!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.