Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Integra LS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted to get some suggestions on whether I should get a new OEM stock B-pipe installed on my USDM 97 LS to pair with a Spoon N1 exhaust? I believe the Spoon N1 will directly bolt onto the OEM B-pipe.

My OEM B-pipe looks rusted, although not in bad condition since the car has been passing emissions inspections, but I'm not sure how much longer it can hold up.

I'm trying to avoid the Spoon B-pipe since it will require modification of the Cat, and the 2.5" t1r B-pipe seems excessive for my needs.
Other than the OEM B-Pipe are there other pre-fabricated options worth considering?

Or should I try to find an ITR B-pipe? Even though those seem hard to come by these days. Will that be much of an improvement over the OEM LS B-pipe?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Or should I try to find an ITR B-pipe? Even though those seem hard to come by these days. Will that be much of an improvement over the OEM LS B-pipe?
LS/GS/RS/SE exhaust: 2.0" dia | USDM GSR/ITR: 2.25" dia --can anyone confirm?

Any reputable aftermarket pipe should follow those stock sizes and should generally have an acceptable fit assuming the Spoon muffler was meant to bolt onto stock. Increasing the diameter of the exhaust will help with high-end HP (marginal, but there) at the expense of low-end torque. Mandrel bend pipe will have smoother bends than stretch bent. Idk how much it matters though.

I have an upcoming project to replace the stock manifold with a stainless header running through an electric cutout and O2 replicator (I'm ODB2). If I don't go LSVTEC, I've got to control the cutout manually with a switch (non-preferred) or figure out a way to program it to the throttle angle so that it only starts to open above 4000 RPM. On-demand high rev exhaust expansion with no loss in low-end. Idk, could be a fun little experiment. Best part: looks and sounds 100% stock from every angle except from below. I don't have emissions testing in FL, but with the stock cat & muffler, it would probably pass like a champ if I did.

·
Registered
1997 Integra LS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you 97BlackPearl. From what I've been reading the 2.25" diameter for the ITR exhaust seems to be my understanding as well. I was more worried that it wouldn't bolt on to my stock USDM LS cat, but seems like that "might" not be an issue. Can anyone confirm?

That's sounds interesting. I'm currently putting a DC Sports 4-1 SS header onto my stock exhaust manifold, but not planning to do any mods to the engine yet. Still trying to learn the basics...I'll be exempt from emissions testing in a few years (in TX), so I'll plan on modding the cat after that time.

BTW off topic: Seems like you've done a lot of maintenance work to your engine bay, nice! I'm doing my spark plugs/wires, fuel filter and hoses next. I'm almost done overhauling my suspension (going with OEM, Spoon, Mugen and Hardrace) so if you need any opinions on that stuff feel free to hit me up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts