Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the car the beginning of July. 193,000 Miles. Immediately joined TI to learn more about my car. I browse the site nearly everyday and all my questions have been answered without needing to post. Thanks TI.

Had some hesitation issues but that was solved by a proper tune-up based on TI posts.

Thats all Ive done so far. Maybe some performance mods in the future but for now I need to get the body cleaned up a bit.

Just wanted to introduce myself and my car. My name is Dave and I'm 26 from NW Indiana.

·
Registered
597 Posts
nice! welcome to the scene!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I love the black interior. I made the mistake years ago by getting a 'teg with brown interior and am currently in the process of doing a swap. You've already got a head start on customizing because of it. :)
Definately keep us posted on things you do to it.
We need pics of your mods when you do 'em too! :)
Rock on and welcome to T.I.

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
Hey! Welcome to the site, as im sure you've already found out, TI can tell you damn near anything if not everything about your teg. Have fun and keep VTEC engaged.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
car looks good. welcome to TI. It seems like you've learned how to use it.

Thanks. I learned the hard way when I joined a motorcycle forum and started posting without searching or reading guidelines first.

Quote: Welcome man. This is a great site. I envy your vtec. But Ill get mine soon. he he he

Yeah VTEC is a lot of fun, esp since we have all the way to 8k to play with!

Quote: Welcome to the club! Nice to know you dedicate all this time to TI for the love of your teg!
Keep it clean and have fun!

Haha yeah, theres really not a lot to do at my desk over my hour lunch break but look at some forums.

Quote: thats a lot of miles, but hondas just keep on goin! welcome and have fun...enjoy your stay!
that gsr is in decent shape!

It actually has 197k now, the 193 was when I bought it. Runs great its just the paint is fading and has a few dents and the dreaded rusty rear quarter.

Quote: Hey where in IN are you?
Lowell, its about 50 min from chicago or about 1:15 from West Lafayette right off 65. I actually went to Purdue, graduated in 2005 in Civil Engineering.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to TI and congrats on the teg.

Aside from the paint, there is probably plenty of preventive maintenance that is probably in desperate need of being done such as timing belt, water pump, fluids flush, oil leak on front left corner of your block around where your VTEC stuff is etc... considering the miles. I would HIGHLY recommend that in addition to the usual stated above I would go ahead and replace ALL of the coolant hoses and lines as well as flush the IACV while you're it as it appears that they haven't been changed in a very long time (may just be really dirty). If you do so, make sure to be very very careful with the two hoses that go to the heater core because the soft brass type metal is very easy to bend and destroy when taking them off (I found this out when I was doing mine and my buddy wrenched down on it with plyers
)

Alright enough of ^^ ****. Welcome again and check out acuraoemparts.com for parts and prices if you need them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.