Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to these boards and I must say I'm very impressed by your site. I am 17 and just recently totaled out my 78 F150 in mint condition (oh well, it got 17mpg) but, Im purchasing a 1995 Integra GS-R this week with the following mods:
1.8L VTEC
DC Sports 4-2-1 Header
Integra Type-R Factory Exhaust
ACT Stage 2 Clutch
H&R Springs
KYB Adjustable Shocks
Type-R factory swaybar
Kuhmo Ecsta supra 712 tires
OBD-1 ECU, what is this? I look everywhere but cant seem to find what it does..Is this stock? if not, what are the advantages of having it? plus, if there's anything i need to know, I'd appreciate it. Think it'll be an ok car for a 17, almost 18 year old?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
YOu'll have a blast with it, i'd try to have a mechanic check it out for its condition/compression etc..since it has been modded on. The ECU is stock for that year so im not sure why he listed it to you as a modification. Good Luck.

EDIT: damn, i thought iw as gonna be the first one to post, haha that was quick.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sounds like a great car, I just got mine recently too, although not a gsr, SE, but converting it to DOHC GSR VTECH this summer, should be fun!! Have a blast, you'll love it way more then that Ford!

·
Registered
638 Posts
trust me it's already been through a compression test and a engine diagnostics test, and been over looked by a mechanic, before I even bought the car. clean as can be, maybe not a v tech now, but has a few bigs plans for this summer, my new toy, besides doesnt my car have the same LS motor as your 94 LS?

·
Registered
638 Posts
dont know if you were talking to me but.. $6,500. came with a lot too, just needs mods under the hood. got it for under blue book, good price for me.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
oh yes you'll love it.gonna love the way the car handles to nice suspension uve got there. not to mention shes gona fly to. heh welcome to the boards. you'll learn everythig you need here. team-integra members know it all

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
i would make sure there is a reinforcement kit installed for that rear sway bar

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
From the photo showing the hatch area, it appears that the passenger side plastic interior section has a glossy texture compared to the drivers side section. This may indicate that the passenger side plastic section (from door jamb to back of car) has been replaced, maybe due to a wreck.

I say this because that section was replaced in my '98 GS-R after the right rear was hit, and the newer piece was noticably more glossy looking.

I might be worth your while to check into that, in case there was other damage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts