Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you do a fuel cut off you need to be as creative as possible. Theives are very smart and the simple running a "hidden" toggle switch under your dash doesn't cut it anymore. I recently started college and my instructor for electricty who used to work for Honda got on
topic of fuel cutoffs since many cars around here have been gettin stolen. He gave me some good pointers so I decided to share them with you all:

- Since the fuel cutoff is a very popular security device, theives who are expereinced know to look for this. If you have the ordinary hidden toggle under the dash their going to be looking for it and probably find out where it is. So when installing a fuel cut off you need
to get creative.

-Hondas are simple cars and there really is not too much to them. All of the wiring for the rear of the car is routed to the left of the drivers seat, including the fuel pump wires. Therefore tieing into the circuit there is not a very smart idea, nor is anywhere under the dash.
The best place to tie into is under the rear seat. Why you may ask? Well because when stealing a car time is very important. The less time their in there the better. A theif is not going to spend the time to take out both parts of the back seat to get to your fuel pump. it would
take way too much time and cause too much attention. But they would take the 20 seconds to rip up the plastic piece in the door jam and locate the junction at which you put your fuel cut off.

-When you tap into your fuel pump wire be sure to use BLACK wire or actual car wires from either a junk yard or anyother place. This way the wires will blend in and look like an ordinary wire that belongs to the car. If a theif sees solid red or thick black wire it might be a tip off that its for
a cut off.

-Cut into the fuel pump ground inside the black tube thing the wires run throuh, it helps to hide the wires. Than go underneith the black metal bar thing at the tip of the rear seats. From there run your wires under the carpet, and under the drivers seat. Dont go through the
center console because they can pull that off too and look. Than run them to where ever you hide your switch. If you run them to a switch near the dash, run the wires in the dash and in the factory wiring covers. (The black tube things) Than tape them shut, so they cant be seen.

-Where to locate your switch. Hiding your switch within arms reach under the dash is dumb. Everyone would think to look there. Get creative here are some ideas on where to hide your switch.

* Put the switch inside your seat. This was only you will know where to press on the cloth or leather to turn the switch on or off.

* Put the switch under your carpet, same thing you would have to push a certain spot to turn it on or off.

*Put it behind your ash tray so you have to open than close the ashtray to turn the switch on or off. (Push botton switch)

*Wire it into a switch on your dash in plain site. Cruise controle, fog light button ect.

THINK OF PLACES OUT OF THE ORDINARY

I recently had my car stolen. The only security I had was this cut off wired into my cruise controle button. No alarm, no hood relocation, nothing. Thanks to this they couldnt get it started and only pushed it two streets over where they stuff that was inside my car. If this
wasnt on there I wouldnt have my car right now.

I dont have any pics right now becsause I do not own a digital camera, but ill put some up eventually.

·
Registered
316 Posts
This might get locked, but it's a good post. I second the idea that you need to put a lot of thought into the location of the switch. Mine is (and I only say this because it's now redundant due to a Ravelco system) located underneath my shift boot so I can toggle it easily because I know where it is, but it's hard for people to see what I'm doing or find the switch on their own. The wires are routed from the pump under the carpet and through the console. It ended up being a 2 hr install, but it was nice to have in the 6 months before I got the Ravelco.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.