Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a different method of rewiring your foglights. This method is for the ones that want their foglights to come on with their parking lights.

Take apart the cover to your steering column. Then remove some shielding on the thick red/blue wire that comes out of your headlight switch on the left side. Splice a wire into it and tape it up. Pop out the switch for your foglights. Cut the red/yellow wire about an inch and a half from the switch. Take that wire you just spliced and connect it to the red/yellow wire that is sticking out of the switch. Put your dash back together, and voila! Your foglights come on with your parking lights.

This is an especially sweet mod if you have the JDM headlights on account of the yellow light looks wicked as hell with the headlights off. Its really cool if you want to creep up on somebody. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Jon,
Good Idea but there is a few things to consider.
#1 at what point in the circuit does the Foglights create the parallel path?
#2 can the wiring /components/fuses before it support the extra amp draw?
#3 what is the circuit designed to supply (ie the Amp draw of the foglights) and what is the fuse limitation.

Answering those questions will give you a safe working limit for the foglights, since you are disconnecting the foglights from thier designated source and feeding them from a shared source with the lower powered parking lights.

It can be done, I just want to ensure you are doing it SAFELY.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Come to think of it, if you are only powering a relay that drives the lights, the draw should be negligible.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've already done it. All I did was tap the power source. The thing is the cable I tapped into is a 10 guage wire compared to the 18 guage wire from the foglights.

·
Registered
278 Posts
why not hook a new wire up that only works when the ignition is on? i ran new wires that only work when the key is on for my radio..... i would just tap into one like that and use that wire to run to the fog light switch as usual... that way you can have just the fog lights on

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just spliced the wires from my fogs directly into the wires from my p-lights and put in a larger fuse, 20 Amp, if I remember correctly. They have been working fine for a long time now.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
The fuse is to protect your wires. simply slapping in a larger fuse will not fix the problem of the wires overheating and burning up your car.

Caveat Emptor

·
Registered
434 Posts
I didnt splice any wires.....

all i did was take a piece of wire then connect it to a power source from the hazard switch and bam, goes on when ignition starts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts