Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on my 5Zigen axleback from Alucard...sounds awesome...looks awesome...tell me what you think...sorry about the dirty car...ohio weather makes it hard to keep her clean...

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Looks very nice! ...

I really like the angles exhaust look ...

·
Registered
152 Posts
silvertegGS on Jan/26/06 said:
Quote: xdc2b18c1x on Jan/26/06i always wanted an angled exhaust
i like it

How's this for angled...

if you want an angled exhaust done the right way, the piping is supposed to go under the gas tank... otherwise its just for looks.

the 5zigen looks clean enough, good stuff.
maaaan, stop praising your DIY angled exhaust. i actually meant to reply on your original thread- but kept my thoughts to myself instead.

sure the correct way to angle an exhaust is under the fuel tank- but is it the correct way to DIY? your setup is no different than going to meineke and having them weld a new muffler on an angle.

i bet if you put your car on a dyno with your current exhaust, it would make close to the same amount of power as your car equipped with a "just for looks angled exhaust".

"just for looks"- OKAY. you cant honestly tell me that you made your exhaust strictly for the power gains. and im sure your exhaust is the most freeflowing. . .riiight. sure youve spent countless hours studying dyno graphs and power curves to prove your exhaust is the best. i didnt know spoon made twin loop angled exhausts that have sloppy welds that you can see from 5 cars behind.

thumbs up to you guy.

everybody- the right way to angle an exhaust is to make it so you hit every road imperfection with your muffler.

gonna go fab one up right now. brb.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its the JDM one...has the Jasma badge on it...it sounds real nice...deep bold tone until you get past 4000...then it gets nice and loud :)...haha meltman your prob right about that...i will eventually go to muffler brothers and have them mandrel bend me a b pipe to match or find a used b pipe...either way its still cheaper than buying a full new catback

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
inturbo on Jan/26/06 said:
Quote: silvertegGS on Jan/26/06Quote: xdc2b18c1x on Jan/26/06i always wanted an angled exhaust i like it

maaaan, stop praising your DIY angled exhaust. i actually meant to reply on your original thread- but kept my thoughts to myself instead.

sure the correct way to angle an exhaust is under the fuel tank- but is it the correct way to DIY? your setup is no different than going to meineke and having them weld a new muffler on an angle.

i bet if you put your car on a dyno with your current exhaust, it would make close to the same amount of power as your car equipped with a "just for looks angled exhaust".

"just for looks"- OKAY. you cant honestly tell me that you made your exhaust strictly for the power gains. and im sure your exhaust is the most freeflowing. . .riiight. sure youve spent countless hours studying dyno graphs and power curves to prove your exhaust is the best. i didnt know spoon made twin loop angled exhausts that have sloppy welds that you can see from 5 cars behind.

thumbs up to you guy.

everybody- the right way to angle an exhaust is to make it so you hit every road imperfection with your muffler.

gonna go fab one up right now. brb.

well, as the title in my original post says... the most "impractical" exhaust ever. i know its not for everyone. and i know the principle behind it is more than likely obsolete with mandrel bends... i just like to have fun with my exhaust system. and yes it probably will make the same power, i just never liked seeing angled exhausts that weren't angled for the original reason. but thats just me. his exhaust looks nice. its clean and simple.

i like to play with my pipes and i'm just very pleased with the work that anthony's muffler shop did for me, it came out exactly as i envisioned and i like to show it off.

Oh... i USED to have a spoon n1 (which is what this exhaust replaced) and I just havn't gotten a chance to take the decals off. i'm sorry if that insulted you. And you cannot possibly tell me that the welds are bad. The welds are so clean (cleanest of any hand welding i've seen, even better than the welds on my autopower roll bar), there isn't a single splatter or stray burn mark anywhere....and no, i havn't put a single dent in it yet. :)

ok its adam's show. I deleted my original post. i apologize to all for any aggravation i may have caused. lets stop e-tard arguing and look at adam's shiny muffler ;)

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
yeah, it super clean.. not a fan of them big ol' tips.. but that looks sweet as hell

I second xavier

~P2P

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
slivertegGS...i actually do think your exhaust is pretty unique...and although mine may not be the best functioning exhaust as far as the angle goes...i really care more along the lines that it sounds good, it looks good...and i'm not gonna scrape the hell out of it in my high school parking lot...i've always been a fan of the angled N1 look...thats pretty much why i like yours and mine

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.