Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this may sound crazy, and that is because it is, my mom drove my car today and said that it was to loud, the exhaust was going bad and i have to replace the muffler (thats what she thinks is making all the noise but its the cat) by this week or shes taking it away (since she got me the low interest on a lease its technically hers). So I'm trying to decide what to do... 1) get a carsound cat to fit on my stock parts or go all out. And this is what I mean by all out. I'm thinking 2.5 inch all the way through. (its cheep and easy to find). I am going NA and nothing more than boltons, so I know 2.5 is to big, but again its cheep and easy. Then get again a carsound cat, custom bending and probably a SMSP muffler. Would this bee a good set up??? I need something thats not to loud, and like the stock look, just a stainless steel muffler would be nice. So I just need some quick advice please. I need to get this fixed soon!! Thanks in advance for everyones help.

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
just put on the cat. save your money and the air.
comptech w/silencer=dead quite unless wanted loud.

·
Registered
382 Posts
If you want quiet, almost stock, you definately need a chambered muffler (Apexi WS, DC Sports, Thermal Stealth, etc) or a twin pass (Hytech, Mugen). Just check out the new exhaust purchasing guide HERE for a nice chart of everything.

Carsound cat will work if you want quiet & performance.

Why 2.5"? Go 2.25" or 60mm (2.36") if you are just doing bolt-ons.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, i think I'll just stuck to stock to right now. one week isnt enough to get the whole thing planed out and installed. I found a carsound cat on ebay for cheep. Its not a hi flow but it'll work for the time, then I can get a better exhaust with the right size. So now my question is, what is the size that I need for this cat???

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm Spoon sounds expensive, probalby because it is. I thought the Comptech one was, I'm trying to keep this as cheep as possible.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Then just go and get a muffler and a cat from your mechanic, all you're paying for is the NAME!!! THE NAME!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well yes the name, and oh the wider pipes. like I said in my first post. Carsound cat, custom bent pipes (no name there) and some muffler that looks good (again name dosent mater just looks) I just want a stainless steel one I would like a double tip, but wanna see how it looks first, and somewhat stock looking, and a little bit of a groul, nothing to loud.

·
Registered
185 Posts
elitevapor on Sep/25/02 said:
Well yes the name, and oh the wider pipes. like I said in my first post. Carsound cat, custom bent pipes (no name there) and some muffler that looks good (again name dosent mater just looks) I just want a stainless steel one I would like a double tip, but wanna see how it looks first, and somewhat stock looking, and a little bit of a groul, nothing to loud.
Then why did you post this in the performance forum? Slap it to the pit area if you can or it's gonna be locked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts