Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Click me. This does not appear to be a POS ebay bilge blower fan, but I haven't heard anything about these yet. I'm not considering buying this unit, I just wanted to get some opinions from you guys. I don't think it's worth $1,995, especially w/out batteries, but is it functional?

Edit:I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but I haven't seen any posts on it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
yep those are legit, although not sure how good they are. Instead of being belt driven its electric however you need to upgrade your altinator to handle the load. It does give interesting tuning oppertunities, such as boost at idle, and instant full boost, the only car Ive ever seen with boost at idle is the celica gt4

·
Registered
659 Posts
I started noticing their ads in car mags about a year ago.... I don't think I'd spend that much for such an unconventional(sp) method of gaining power....I'm more of an N/A guy though...If you do go with this I'd love to hear how it performs!!! Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
ok, sorry Im not paying $2k for something that is like nitrous in the fact that it only kicks on for short bursts of power. Nor am I paying $2k for something that I have to make a custom intake manifold(I suppose you could use one from a JRSC...more $$$$), plus the cost of batteries...why not just buy a JRSC and get the same amount of power all the time and not have to hassle with recharging batteries?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ilubdonutz on Apr/13/04 said:
yup a long long long long long time ago

but not on the new one that you posted... same concept tho.

Not at all son. This is nothing like the bilge blower fans.

Quote: TheGSRGuy on Apr/13/04 What, you don't have a computer CPU fan hooked into your intake pipe?
Start reading threads before you decide to post Dan.

This is for a real electric supercharger that uses an eaton blower. I think it is way overpriced but I don't see this as being a scam really, especially as previously stated, if there isn't a kit for your car. I can only imagine the cost of those batteries though.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
yeah that is just like really expensive nitrous....

if you have other options for your car like we do, such as vortech ans JRSC, then these arent even worth considering to me....

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
there was a thread on this a while ago.

with pretty much the same responses... price, weight, yadda yadda.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Topic thread started HERE
Feel free to add comments in original thread started Dec/20/03.

I pulled it up searching the keywords "Thomas Knight"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.