Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a new exedy organic race clutch kit put in my 94 gsr with 100,000 miles on it. i was having problems shifting gears and lots of chatter when taking off with the stock clutch. So anyways, i got the clutch put in and it's still a little notchy when going into gear. i goes in 100% better, but now it just doesn't feel as smooth as it was when i bought it. I only have about 100 miles on it so far so i know it's not really broken in yet. It seems to have gotten a little better shifting wise, but i'm still worried that something else might have broke when the clutch broke. i also noticed that anything above 3500 the clutch pedal has a vibration in it, the higher the revs, the bigger the vibration. it did this before i got the new clutch put in, just not quite as bad, my 94 LS that i had before also did it too. The pedal is alot firmer now, which i can expect for a race clutch, but is the vibration in the pedal something that comes along with a race clutch? am i just going to have to get use to it or is something wrong?

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
The only help I can offer is

1)Change your MTF

2)Flush out your clutch fluid

3)Check the slave cylinder, and master cylinder for leakes. I doubt you have a leak but its good to check.

Im sure a racing clutch will not feel like stock but I don't think the pedal shaking is normal.

Continue the proper break in for 500 miles or so. Go easy on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the fast respondse! i know the tranny fluid was changed when the clutch was done and i just had the CMC changed last week. I guess i should find out what tranny fluid was used and maybe change to a better one. i just really want to find out what the vibration is. When the car is in neutral, i rev it to about 4000 and push the clutch in and out and i can feel it pretty good and i can also hear a buzzing sound, very slight but it matches up with the vibration.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I can't get that much more into it with you since id be talking out of my ass.lol If you want bring it back to where it was installed and show them what is happening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts