Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a new exedy organic race clutch kit put in my 94 gsr with 100,000 miles on it. i was having problems shifting gears and lots of chatter when taking off with the stock clutch. So anyways, i got the clutch put in and it's still a little notchy when going into gear. i goes in 100% better, but now it just doesn't feel as smooth as it was when i bought it. I only have about 100 miles on it so far so i know it's not really broken in yet. It seems to have gotten a little better shifting wise, but i'm still worried that something else might have broke when the clutch broke. i also noticed that anything above 3500 the clutch pedal has a vibration in it, the higher the revs, the bigger the vibration. it did this before i got the new clutch put in, just not quite as bad, my 94 LS that i had before also did it too. The pedal is alot firmer now, which i can expect for a race clutch, but is the vibration in the pedal something that comes along with a race clutch? am i just going to have to get use to it or is something wrong?

· Registered
10,013 Posts
The only help I can offer is

1)Change your MTF

2)Flush out your clutch fluid

3)Check the slave cylinder, and master cylinder for leakes. I doubt you have a leak but its good to check.

Im sure a racing clutch will not feel like stock but I don't think the pedal shaking is normal.

Continue the proper break in for 500 miles or so. Go easy on it.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the fast respondse! i know the tranny fluid was changed when the clutch was done and i just had the CMC changed last week. I guess i should find out what tranny fluid was used and maybe change to a better one. i just really want to find out what the vibration is. When the car is in neutral, i rev it to about 4000 and push the clutch in and out and i can feel it pretty good and i can also hear a buzzing sound, very slight but it matches up with the vibration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.