Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put in a brand new exedy racing clutch and a act 12.5 pound flywheel. I drove easy on it for the first 500 or so miles but found that my clutch MC was bad and I just replaced that the other day after about 600 on the new clutch.
My problem is it still feels like its slipping and it just dosnt have the power it used to. The engagement dosnt jerk the car like when my stock clutch was good.
I have no more resorces to buy another clutch, did having that bad master cylinder screw up the clutch. By the way I did this install my self with a service manual but I'm farly sure I did everything correctly. Any advice on what I should do?

Update:
Clutch system bled dont see how there could be any air in there after bleeding it at the master cyinder and about 10 times at the bleeder
Pedal sits at about 6 to 6 1/4 inches mabe 6 1/2 if i push the ruler in to the carpet the free play is about an 1 inch.
The only thing the I can think thats left is the oil seals that someone posted about in this forum. Is there a way to check these with out havuing to pull the tranny again. HELP this is really getting under my skin!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havnt done the pedal yet any advice on how to do that and i did bleed the system after I installed the clutch mc but theres always a possablity that there could be some air in the system isnt there. I bled it about 3 times after bubbles stoped coming out. I got the organice full face

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
does an aftermarket clutch get adjusted the same way as the stock one? Check the directions that came with the clutch- perhaps you've adjusted to stock settings and that is the problem? You also make it sound like you think it isn't grabbing- the engine is just reving up inconsistent with speed? Finally- before anyone else gets to say it- beware the butt dyno.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I'd have to consult my manual to be sure about the pedal adjustment.But, it sounds more like a problem with it needing bled.

it sounds like you bled it right. Make sure you add fluid to the MC after bleeding. You don't want that level to get too low or else air could get back down in there.I have the same clutch in my teg. When it was brand new I chriped 3rd gear for the first time. lol It was a shock to me. Definitely a good clutch.But it will show signs of wear after lots of sustaining high revs. I've found this out as mine needs replaced and has approx 20k miles on it.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
meconfu5ed on Feb/20/04 said:
does an aftermarket clutch get adjusted the same way as the stock one? Check the directions that came with the clutch- perhaps you've adjusted to stock settings and that is the problem? You also make it sound like you think it isn't grabbing- the engine is just reving up inconsistent with speed? Finally- before anyone else gets to say it- beware the but dyno.
What are you talking about ? There aren't "Settings" that you plug into some screen for a clutch. Bolts get torqued down, hydraulic systems get bled. Not much more to it. And whatever the "butt dyno" has to do with this is totally beyond me. You got be baffled with this response.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright my clutch pedal is off about 1/2 inch but i can not get the lock nut off the clutch MC push rod. grinded a thin 7/8 wrench to 12mm to try and get a grip on the bolt thats tucked in closest to the pedal but it. i dont have a thin 122mm and no place around here carries one already made 2 tyrips. Any help would be much apprecated.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright my clutch pedal is off about 1/2 inch but I can not get the lock nut off the clutch MC push rod. I grinded a thin 7/8 wrench to 12mm to try and get a grip on the bolt thats tucked in closest to the pedal but it wouldnt hold on there. I dont have a thin 12mm and no place around here carries one already made 2 trips. Any help would be much apprecated.

·
Registered
351 Posts
When i got my stock cluch replaced with another stock clutch it started slipping hella (reving without going anywhere when the clutch was engaged) I took it back and they had to re-adjust the clutch. They said you might need to do that a few times as the clutch adjusts itself.

All they did was adjust the pedal, took 10 minutes.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
mey_xanng on Feb/20/04 said:
This may help.

Exedy Clutch Troubleshooting Guide

Under Section 1, it saids that maybe your clutch face is oily, and is casued by 1. Faulty main oil seal or 2. Faulty rear main oil seal.

You may want to see if you exibit any of the other symptoms in the other sectons too.
good stuff there. I never even thought about a substance being on the clutch disc or flywheel..

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
ScreaminTeg on Feb/20/04 said:
Quote: meconfu5ed on Feb/20/04does an aftermarket clutch get adjusted the same way as the stock one? Check the directions that came with the clutch- perhaps you've adjusted to stock settings and that is the problem? You also make it sound like you think it isn't grabbing- the engine is just reving up inconsistent with speed? Finally- before anyone else gets to say it- beware the but dyno.
What are you talking about ? There aren't "Settings" that you plug into some screen for a clutch. Bolts get torqued down, hydraulic systems get bled. Not much more to it. And whatever the "butt dyno" has to do with this is totally beyond me. You got be baffled with this response.
you hit the nail on the head right there buddy. If evertthing like it should be then the car is fine. But if things aren't torqued right you're gonna experience problems. I never mentioned a computer so I don't know where you got that from. The question I raised is- he used a manual explaning the install of a stock clutch- but that isn't what he has. I'm telling him to look at the paperwork that came with the new clutch for torque setting and installation. I don't know what those papers say or don't say- but it would be a great place to start since he clearly wrote he used a manual dealing with a stock clutch install.

he says the car doesn't feel as fast- that's a butt dyno.

·
Registered
935 Posts
If you change out the clutch master cylinder you must bench bleed it to get all the air out. If its already out run a tube from the valve opening back up to the resevoir and puch the plunger in and out a couple times by hand. If its installed already you can attach the bleeder valve just fingertight and put a towel down there to catch the fluid seeping out. Thats the easiest way to bleed the master cylinder. After that bleed the entire clutch sytem again.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright Ive bled the system and checked every thing I could. I adjusted the clutch pedal but its only about 6 inchs off the floor because its hiting the switch mounting unless theres and way to move that mounting back I dont see how to get it up that extra 1/2 inch. I need help with this Im pretty mad that I laid down $400 plus and it is like it was befor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts