Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Symptom : Adding 12 fluid oz every 2 days brake fluid.
Observation: brake pads are fine front and rear no leaks visual inspections of entire system. I fear catastrophic failure. What can possibly be wrong only the experienced can answer this question. With my gratitude in advanced. 1994 Integra.

·
Administrator
3,684 Posts
You have an obvious leak somewhere. Look for fluid around the master cylinder, ABS pump, lines, & calipers. At the master cylinder specifically, it could be a leak where you can't see, like the seal on the input shaft inside of the brake booster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look for fluid around the master cylinder, ABS pump, lines, & calipers
Bone dry.
the seal on the input shaft inside of the brake booster That sounds scary, but I was wondering it has to be something internal .I never heard of a break booster.you have pointed me in a new direction .The hunt is on,Umm can you tell me what it looks like, then I can tear that sucker apart.

·
Administrator
3,684 Posts
The master cylinder is bolted to the brake booster. It'll need unbolted to be examined.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a ef hatch that had coins under the rear seat and were pinned between the floor board and brake line and with the different metals the line corroded thru.
Jack it up install jackstands and follow those lines.
If you have good pressure at the pedal pump it in the driveway and see if you see it spots. If not, you might have a cargo area with brake fluid in it.

Glwr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts