Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is this guy whos selling neuspeed springs for 60 bucks and the question is..my car is a 4 door...and im assuming his is a 2 door...would springs on a 2 door fit on a 4 door chassis?

btw, are neuspeed springs anygood? thanks

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
homeslice229 on Feb/12/04 said:
What neuspeed springs are they? Sofsport, sport or race?
that would be the more relevant question to answer assuming you know what a spring rate is and what it does to your wheel rate and then understanding how that affects your handling.

each one of those neuspeed spring models listed has a different spring rate and therefore different amounts of effects on your handling.

it's not all just about how much it lowers your car to get that slammed touring car look (body shops must love you guys with 1 in. clearances....looks nice if you never leave your driveway...at least you look fast standing still and the spoiler still has paint on it).

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
tsqualers on Feb/12/04 said:
Neuspeed is a reputable company. I hear nothing but good things about their products.
relying on opinions and hearsay without understanding the specs and what they do will bite you in the ass someday because you got the wrong spec for what you needed or were expecting regardless of the company name. if you got the wrong spring for the intended use, the reputation of a company will have zero to do with whether the part works for you.

that's why we try to promote understanding over reliance on names without understanding...

ya know I mean?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
MichaelDelaney on Feb/12/04 said:
relying on opinions and hearsay without understanding the specs and what they do will bite you in the ass someday because you got the wrong spec for what you needed or were expecting regardless of the company name. if you got the wrong spring for the intended use, the reputation of a company will have zero to do with whether the part works for you.

that's why we try to promote understanding over reliance on names without understanding...

ya know I mean?
I understand, I was giving him my opinion of the company.

If he would of asked something about a given product by Nuespeed then I would of given a different answer. He just said Nuespeed in general so I gave him my thoughts or hearsay toward it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
those springs will drop your car about 2.25 in the front and 2 inches in the rear. I just dropped mine on h&r race springs (h&r makes neuspeed's springs) last weekend

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea the springs he said it drops 2 in the front and 1.75 in the rear...by the way how does your ride feel now? more bumpy? the same? how about going over bumps and dips? thanks looks nice btw.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
The ride is rougher with the race springs (I have them). But what is really going to make a difference is the shock you use to control that spring rate.

·
Registered
218 Posts
if h and r make neuspeeds spring then why are the spring rates different? and also why are the soft sports stagered with like 250 front 185 rear, while the h and r springs are like 265 front 265 rear? shouldnt the rear spring be less stiff than the fronts like the neuspeeds, how is the ride with the neuspeeds anyways, they claim "better than stock"?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
maddoghockey2 on Feb/13/04 said:
if h and r make neuspeeds spring then why are the spring rates different? and also why are the soft sports stagered with like 250 front 185 rear, while the h and r springs are like 265 front 265 rear? shouldnt the rear spring be less stiff than the fronts like the neuspeeds, how is the ride with the neuspeeds anyways, they claim "better than stock"?
Yes Neuspeed springs are rebadged H&R's. And why they use differnet rates I have no clue. Maybe you should send them an email and ask. The reason I can come up with is more selection.

As far as should the back be softer. . .it really depends on the set-up. the stiffer the rear is, the more oversteer bias the car becomes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.