Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my neuspeed sport springs in today, and planning to put them on saturday. Anybody got any nice tips for me. I've got a step by step instruction print out from bseries.net which looks pretty good. Any useful information is appretiated.

·
Registered
252 Posts
nothing too special...just make sure you have a good spring compressor and some help from a friend. Its a pretty simple install if you follow the instructions and take your time with it. I love my neuspeed sports. Perfect drop out of them. I didnt need a camber kit after them (bonus). Of course, take her for an alignment and check it out. Make sure they give you the printout off their computer. Good luck, youre gonna love the drop.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yea, i second that. I love the neuspeed sports, put them in two days ago. Not too hard at all. Needed a spring compressor to remove the old spings, not to put the new on though.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Do you really think the bumpstop affects the ride quality? I reeeeeeally don't think so!

First, make sure you loosen the bolts to the top of the struts BEFORE YOU TAKE THEM OFF THE CAR!! You may be very greatful in the future for this information... Also, do not compress the rear springs, its a waste of time! The front ones could probably hurt someone, but the back ones shoot the bolt about 3 inches... Air tools would make the job a lot faster, but I did mine without. Also, you'll need an assistant for small things.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I highly agree with Louse: make sure you loosen the bolts on the top of the struts BEFORE YOU TAKE THEM OFF THE CAR!! I did not know this, and we had to drill one of them out. This ruined the strut. It was no big deal though, as I was installing Tokicos, but it set me back about a half hour.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bolts that yall are talking about are the bolts that you connect the strut to the engine bay area, or the bolt on top of the strut that you take off to take apart the strut/spring assembly? Pretty sure yall mean the 2 bolts that are around the strut connecting it to the car.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
the bolt on top of the strut to take apart the strut/spring assembly...

you HAVE to take off the other two to get it off the car!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Neuspeed sports are the best....have them in my Teg now for 3 years...no complaints, perfect drop!

·
Registered
121 Posts
What shocks do you have to go along with those? Or are you putting them on the stock shocks?

I'm just wondering b/c I am planning on doing this to my 98' GSR w/ stock rims...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm keeping the stock struts for now. They gotta last for a few more months, then I'll change those. Ok, I already knew that you had to take off the two bolts aroudn teh shock to get it out. So, what you guys are sayin is to take off the bolt on top of the strut that holds the assembly together BEFORE I take it off the car?

·
Registered
121 Posts
They are talking about those I believe, and I would only loosen them, not take them off completely. I guess they are much easier to get off while compressed on the car...

I am going w/ the same setup with you in a few weeks. But, I dont know if I want H&R's or the neuspeeds. Basically the same spring. Would ya'll recommend I wait a week for the springs to settle before I get the alignment? Or should that be the first thing I do? Also, i'm assuming I should get all 4 aligned and not just the front 2.

·
Registered
708 Posts
thats funny...on my instructions for my sports they said to cut the bumpstops. or else when you hit a big bump, you will hit the stopper...cause the car is lower! so..cut your bumpstop!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My instructions tell me NOT to cut the bumpstop any. I'm getting ready to start this project in a few minutes. Wish me luck

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, got a bigass problem... Front two springs are on and went in perfect with no problems. Went to the back, all hell breaks loose. The bolt at the bottom of the shock connecting it to the control arm is broke on both sides now. Don't have a clue what to do and need everybodys advice and help. Please

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does anybody have any advice? Advice on getting the broken bolt out... If I can replace the bolt with any bolt or if i need this exact bolt off another integra... please help

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have a quesiton. I'm planning on (eventually) getting Neuspeed Sports with Tokico adjustable struts. Will I be able to change the ride height or just stiffness?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts