Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying some neuspeed race springs. Right now I have stock shocks, but when summer starts and I can make more money (poor college student) I will be buying koni yellows. My question is, if I get the neuspeed race springs, will my stock shocks last very long? I have searched and searched for posts similar to this but found nothing. Also if anyone is running the race springs with stock shocks, let me know your experiences good/bad. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Technically, they won't last very long. The Race springs have a pretty large drop and a high spring rate. BUT, I'm sure someone will say they've been riding on them for an extended amount of time and still have good shocks.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
No, they will blow quickly, your ride quality will be awful, and your car will not handle.

As hard as it may be to resist putting them on, I would wait till you got the shocks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
what about the sports they have less drop and a softer spring rate would those work-have you thought about them

·
Registered
186 Posts
You guys don't give enough credit to the stock shocks. I've been running Neuspeed Race with my OE shocks since I bought the car in April, and I can't even guess for how long the guy before ran these springs. That's over 15,000 miles of spirited driving, and the shocks are still going strong.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I bought my car with Neuspeed springs but I'm not sure which ones they are. They are green and are about a 2" drop as far as I can tell. I do know that it is the stock shock. I have owned the car since last May and have had no problems. I love the ride it's not rough at all. Does anyone know which ones I have?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Not to be harsh, but any of you that think they are getting a good ride or great handling on the stock shocks and neuspeed race springs havn't been on a properly dampened system.

A shock is valved to handle a specific range of ride height, and a specific range of spring rates. Go out of these ranges either direction, and ride quality and handling will suffer.

The stock shocks are valved to handle the stock ride height, and the stock spring rates. You are dropping the car by more than 2", and more than doubling the spring rates. Its not hard to see that the stock shocks can not handle those springs.

Can you physically pair the stock shock with the stock springs? Of cource. But the shock is not going to do its job, which is to properly control the kentic energy of the spring. You will end up with a very bouncey ride (which some might confuse with soft ride, but a properly dampened spring is much more comfortable than a underdampened spring), and eventually blown shocks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.