Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on Neuspeed.com that the Sport Lowering springs have a progressive spring rate. However, i'm interested in the Race springs, but I would like to know if the Race springs have a progressive spring rate or constant spring rate...

anyone know?

·
Registered
542 Posts
LT6916 on Sep/13/02 said:
I see on Neuspeed.com that the Sport Lowering springs have a progressive spring rate. However, i'm interested in the Race springs, but I would like to know if the Race springs have a progressive spring rate or constant spring rate...

anyone know?
I had experience with both the neuspeed race (yellow) and sport (green). The Race one is very bouncy but handles like wonder. It slams the hell out of your car for you too. about 2 in the fronts and 1.75 in the rear. on the other hand you have the sports which is avery very smooth ride but cant turn for wonders. Hit a bump before or during a turn while you are tracking or just road race. Your car is due to oversteer for you and it will cause to spin out. Plus the drop isnt very lower. looking around 3 fingers in the back and 2 fingers in the front. (Note: Sorry about the fingers thingy never measure how low of a drop it was.) i hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
The Sport springs are bad for bumps?

I was always under the impression, the stiffer the springs are the worse traction they have on rough surfaces/bumpy/etc surfaces.

The sports are more of a show spring in my opinion, they have a good looking drop but the spring rates are pretty mild.

H&R Sports, Eibach Pro-kit and Sportlines are good choices for autoX/daily driving imo. (if you don't want to go coilover)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Spin out? hm thats not good. Is it like that with nearly any "sport" line of springs? I was considering getting some Neuspeed sports myself, but if theyll kill my handling in curves then i dont know if i want them.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
If the Sports were cams, they'd be stage 1. That's the way I look at it. You will definately notice a difference, but its nothing like having the Race.

The Sports are a good street spring if you ask me. They're somewhat comparable to ITR springs (at least the front).

But anyhow, where did you read that they were progressive? Our article doesn't show that they are.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i have the race and love them, i admit they are rough but when u want performance u have to give something up
u need a camber kit for the front too!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
phlegyas on Mar/20/03 said:
Spin out? hm thats not good. Is it like that with nearly any "sport" line of springs?
Actually the softer springs are better for safety and not spinning out.

Softer spring rates absorb more energy from bumps, so you are much less likely to lose traction.

Higher spring rates absorb much less energy and often end up resulting in loss of traction, which can lead to a spin out.

·
Registered
357 Posts
ah cool thanks for clearing that up

INTEGRASE96 on Mar/20/03 said:
i have the race and love them, i admit they are rough but when u want performance u have to give something up
u need a camber kit for the front too!
another reason for me not to get race springs. im just wanting them on a daily driver, so no need for the added performance at the cost of a smooth ride. plus im trying to get out of this as cheaply as possible without sacrificing quality, so having to buy a camber kit isnt something i want.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
With the Sport springs, you will get camber wear as well, but it is not very bad if you keep up on the rotations. Also, I used them with stock struts, and they held up and actually seemed to be a pretty good combo if you ask me. Very smooth.

Camber wear after 7 months on Sports w/o camber kit (click on pic to see fullsize to really see difference):

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have the Race and yes they handle like a mofo--extremely stable on *ahem* nicely paved streets and awesome turning ability with very minimal body roll, nice low stance (I have practically no gap), but you WILL pay in the ride quality. I have to avoid taking many streets just because I can't simply stand the dips in the streets--and the dips aren't that big and are actually very gentle dips, but the car still feels like sh*t over them though.

I'd recommend them only if you have a callous arse.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Somewhat off topic, but I figure were talking about Neuspeed so... The GSR/LS springs have a different part number than the Type R springs, anybody know what the difference is?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have these springs. I love them personally, people say they are bouncy but they aren't really any worse than anyother set up. I have no wheel gap whatsoever with my 17" wheels and it gives it a really nice look. The car also handles like a dream.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts