Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latley, I've been noticing that my braking has been very uneven, particularly at high speeds. The car shakes slightly, and I can feel the brakes catch a little harder every now and then. I brought my car to the Acura dealer to get it checked out, and they said that my rotors need to be machined. Is this a likely cause for the uneven breaking? Is it worth getting fixed right away? My car only has ~39,000 miles on it... seems like a weird thing to go wrong this soon.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Have you been doing any heavy braking?? like road racing or drag racing or anything? if you use this car for daily driving i wouldnt think the rotors should need machined after a measley 39K

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
instead of getting ripped by acura just cutting your old rotors, just go to autozone and get some Aimco rotors for 23 a piece. you'll be happier

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tsugsr on Apr/05/04 said:
Have you been doing any heavy braking?? like road racing or drag racing or anything? if you use this car for daily driving i wouldnt think the rotors should need machined after a measley 39K
Yeah, it's my daily driver, mostly highway miles, and I definitely don't do any sort of racing.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Matt_Of_MI on Apr/05/04 said:
instead of getting ripped by acura just cutting your old rotors, just go to autozone and get some Aimco rotors for 23 a piece. you'll be happier
This is what to do. Then bring the old rotors and get them machined down if you can find a shop to do it for a good price.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had the same problem: very shaky braking especially at high speeds. resurfacing/turning/cutting the front rotors cost me $8 each at Checker auto parts, and cleared it right up (I also put on new Axxis Ultimate pads).
remember that incorrectly torquing your lug nuts can cause warped rotors down the line on cars like ours where the wheel holds the rotor on, and 39k is plenty of time for that to happen. when torquing the lug nuts on, be sure to drive around the block and then re-torque them- they will often loosen/settle a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts