Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all mild bolt ons h/i/e, and im wondering with a small budget(im in highschool), what else could I do to get mild/moderate performance gains?? I've got a 2000 auto LS...

·
Registered
320 Posts
before you get slammed with messages hurry and reply with a post saying what your end goals are, what they are for, and your budget.

Please hurry,
Aaron

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Im betting he doesn't plan to race this at a high level and probably doesn't car about power band because he has an auto.

If you want a short answer I would invest in some good tires or stiffer suspesion. This can hold you over until you want to venture into building a package and spending tons of cash.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Seems like a high-flow cat would be the logical next step so you can complete your intake/exhaust setup. They're pretty affordable too.

Another option would be adjustable cam gears.

What I personally would do is get a Type R rear sway bar. It's like $115 for everything brand new from Acura and it is the BEST mod for the money, no question.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Teganator on Feb/10/06 said:
I have all mild bolt ons h/i/e, and im wondering with a small budget(im in highschool), what else could I do to get mild/moderate performance gains?? I've got a 2000 auto LS...

with an auto ls, i/h/c/e will make a bit of difference, but if you poured that money into a 5 spd swap even a bigger difference.

At this point the only worthwhile thing i would recommend is stay off that engine. And invest in that ITR rear sway as mentioned. That sway will make a bigger difference then any of that i/h/e of yours combined. Why...cuz all you feel form the i/h/e is what's in your head and everything is based on taht ass dyno. But rear sway, you'll feel the change everytime you make a turn.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
yes, a lot of ppl don't think about their suspension setup. Ofcourse, you can only see the miracles worked at a track (ie brake better than other cars, better cornerning, yield some so-and-so feet every lap = in a 15 lap race can make or break you at the finish)

so you can go from there. The gludius dyno is just a sensation release effect. The manual swap tony talks about is the most worthwhile for you.

~P2P

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.