Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need to know what this piece is call.

It's a rubber piece that is PLACED AROUND around the bolt that connects the Rear shock to rear lower control arm

I was dropping my car yesterday and I found out I need this piece asap so pelase let me know guys, thanks

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys I included this pic (I copy the pic from the article but added some arrows to show what I'm talking about)

I tried Acuraautomotiveparts.org but their pic for the "rear lower contorl arm" is down and I cant see it, any help would be great guys.

I need to drop the back soon cause I only have the front lowered and I need the back lowered so I can get an alignment

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
yep lower control arm bolt/ bushing. i stock them at my dealership. $20 for the bushings and about $7ea on the bolt.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
That bushing is vulcanised in. You already have the bolt. You don't need anything else.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
unless you did some seriously bad stuff to that bushing, in a 1999 car, it shoulnt need replacing....

why do you think you need to repalce it?

jojo- could you explain 'vulcanised' for me?

lol, its funny seeing ur teg half lowered right? it took me two days to do my install, and i had the rear freaking slammed the first day, and i just left it like that overnight until i could do the front....man, my integra has never looked so retarded before, lol

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
This is were the rubber from the bushing is "melted" to the steel insert or to the arm itself. It has to be melted out. Or if there is a steel sleeve between the arm and bushing you can have it pressed out.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JustTegIt on Feb/07/04 said:
unless you did some seriously bad stuff to that bushing, in a 1999 car, it shoulnt need replacing....

why do you think you need to repalce it?

jojo- could you explain 'vulcanised' for me?

lol, its funny seeing ur teg half lowered right? it took me two days to do my install, and i had the rear freaking slammed the first day, and i just left it like that overnight until i could do the front....man, my integra has never looked so retarded before, lol
Haha actually, I had ITR springs on the car and the rear is a little more then 3 fingers gap, now the front is exactly 3 fingers gap so it looks good now, but still I do need to put the springs all on the car.

The problem was thatw e were trying to get the bushing out and like Jojo said...it melted
boo, cheapo Honda parts...this is perfect example of one of them.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
It takes alot of heat to melt those out. Why were you trying to get the bushing out? The bolt should go right back were it was even with the new shock.
If you melted the bushing out your going to have to cut the sleeve out to get the new one in.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone has a digram of the suspension? I called Acura and they wanted $25 EACH! I was like WTF...for freaken pieces of rubber? rip off! I really need to make sure we're talking about the same pieces here and if all comes down I will order online...acura is a rip off for sure

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
i'm upgrading mine to polyurethane bushings. I'll still have to burn the thing out, but i got a butane torch to take care of that. I think the urethane bushings will be a cheaper option, i don't remember how much they were, but cheaper than $20 i think for the upper and lower shock bushings per set.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
silvertegGS on Feb/11/04 said:
i'm upgrading mine to polyurethane bushings. I'll still have to burn the thing out, but i got a butane torch to take care of that. I think the urethane bushings will be a cheaper option, i don't remember how much they were, but cheaper than $20 i think for the upper and lower shock bushings per set.
where can you get the set? That sounds cheap and problt better then stock anyway, may as well be an upgrade for me

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
The part # for a 2000 GSR is 16-7106 ES or 16-3109 ES.
one of these is the trailing arm and the other is the bushings set.

They should be the same for your car. The bushings set cost about $28.00 and they are a set that does both of the end bushings on the lower arms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts