Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya all. I just acquired some subs from my friend and im pretty new to all this sub/amp stuff. Im wondering what are my options for an amp to go with these subs? If you guys could point me in the right direction id appreciate it. The subs are JL Audio 10w0's. I have 2 of them and wondering what kind of amp should i be looking for? Heres what a website says about the subs:
Power Handling RMS Watts: 125 watts rms each sub 250 watts for both subs
Power Handling MAX Watts: 250 watts max each sub 500 watts max for both subs
Sub Woofer Impedance: Single 4 ohm voice coil
Thx for any help!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'D GO WITH A JL AUDIO 500/1, YOU WILL NEED A 4 GAUGE AMP KIT TO HOOK IT UP. WIRE THEM IN PARALLEL TO GET 2 OHMS AND GET A SEALED BOX. IT WILL SOUND GOOD. BTW RETAIL oN THE AMP IS LIKE 600 OR SO

·
Registered
166 Posts
if you don't want to pay quite soo much for the amp, just look for a bridgable amp w/ 500 watts. DEI products (viper, xtreme ect.) seem like knock offs but they actually work pretty well. I have an extreme running my 12's and that suckers works after me shorting it. Your going to need a soldering iron to wire up those subs. If you need to know how to wire them, go to www.installdoctor.com . They have explanations and diagrams as well as a "how to" for installing a deck in most vehicles. Just remember to hook up the power for the amp to your battery LAST. GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx guys! Already some great suggestions and helped me out greatly. Still looking to see what other options anyone has, but thx a ton for all the info so far guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would this amp work with these subs or no? ALPINE MRV-T420 AMPLIFIER? Thx again guys and open for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Will it work? Yes. Would I recommend it. No.

It isn't 2ohm stable bridged so you won't be able to wire the subs for a 2ohms of resistance and it be safe so you'd have to give each sub their own channel which would be 75 watts rms per sub.

This would be an even better amp for you it'll give your subs [email protected] 2ohms which is a very safe amount of power to send them. The other advantage of the amp is it will give you power to send to some coax/components when you decide to, also it's MTX and as a rule they are generally under-rated I have an old Thunder 102 that I finally retired. Lasted for years though. You should be very pleased with this amp!
Later,
Jared

1 - 7 of 7 Posts