Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone can help me with a issue i am having with my integra. the car starts up fine but after driving it for a while it starts rough idle until it shuts off. i replaced the distributor and spark plugs and it still does the same thing. if i leave it alone for a while it will start and run for a bit until it warms up then i am in trouble. i am desperate at this point because no car = no money. i do have a video but i do not think this forum allow videos, any help would be appreciated

·
Administrator
3,612 Posts
Yes, the forum allows video. Anything that would help us would be great

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
upon further inspection i noticed one of the EVAP lines has broken off and was just dangling freely but i dont know if that would cause the problems i am having also the problem only occurs when the car is warmed up, when the car is cold it seems fine and after the issues if i let the car sit for a long period of time it will start up no problem

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i guess no one can help me so i will post if i figure out the problem incase anyone ever experience the same issue

·
Registered
167 Posts
well i guess no one can help me so i will post if i figure out the problem incase anyone ever experience the same issue
Forums are not as populated as they once were so waiting a day or two is kinda a minimum turn around. Like HA_FAB mentioned it's likely the IACV module not opening when at idle or sticking a bit.

link to how to clean it: https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/***how-clean***-your-iacv-k-idle-air-control-valve-1575913/

picture of it behind the intake manifold:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you i will follow the guide and clean it out IACV and see if that fixes the issue. another question should i keep the line plug that is broken that i mentioned above

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would fix it or look at some engine diagrams to see if it could be gutted personally. But we don't have any kind of rego inspection in Minnesota and my integra is just a track car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i cleaned the IACV and i am still having the issue. also while cleaning the IACV i noticed a couple things.
1- there is a nother line that is broken off that goes to the EVAP
2- i noticed this wire that was just hanging that looks like it clips on somewhere
3- i can now hear a click sound in the engine bay
4- i want t o jump off a bridge

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so far i installed a new distributor, spark plug wires, cleaned the IACV and checked for vacuum leaks and soon will be replacing the fuel filter witch i think is the original filter and i am still having the same issue.
upon further research i stumbled upon a couple articles that lead me to think it can possible be the main relay so i removed the relay and checked to see if it looks good and as the pictures show it looks terrible. i seen some arguments stating that if the main relay goes bad the car will not start at all but if there is a crack in one of the solder pins the car can still start untill it warms up then the relay will fail until the board cools off and contracts which will cause it to start again. how my car is behaving this makes sense but i dont know if the main relay can cause the car to idle low then shut off, there are times when the car will shut off then it will not start up again for a little bit. i am going to purchase the relay, o2 sensor, map sensor and the TPS sensor and istall them one by one to see if anyone of them solves the issue and if it does i will report back with good or bad news. this is my final effort trying to fix the integra.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
installed new fuel filter today and you guest it! i am still having the same issue. i also disconnected some of the sensors to see if i can identify if any of them went bad but i didn't notice anything that would lead me to think any of them went bad. disconnecting the TPS caused my idle to go up and down nothing out of the usual. disconnecting the 02 sensor literally did nothing but i did notice something about the MAP sensor. when the Map was disconnected the idle went high which is normal with the MAP off but instead of the car bogging before cutting off the car just cut off from high idle. i dont know what that means but i am trying to figure it out.
once again i am still ordering all of the parts that i stated above but instead of the tps i am going to get coolant temperature sensor because i just remembered i replaced the TPS

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
today i replaced the fuel pump and now everything works fine, no more bogging then shutting off. i had the fuel pump for a while and never installed it because when i turn the key i can hear the fuel pump turn on but i noticed when i replaced the fuel filter there was barely any pressure so today i went ahead and installed a new one and problem solved...... i think. i am going to drive it tomorrow and report back to finish this up. as always its better to identify the problem before throwing parts at your car but i am no mechanic and under my current circumstance i had to do what i had to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am hoping someone can help me with a issue i am having with my integra. the car starts up fine but after driving it for a while it starts rough idle until it shuts off. i replaced the distributor and spark plugs and it still does the same thing. if i leave it alone for a while it will start and run for a bit until it warms up then i am in trouble. i am desperate at this point because no car = no money. i do have a video but i do not think this forum allow videos, any help would be appreciated
I had similar problem, and mine was the ignition control module.. replaced that, and the plugs, and it runs great again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts