Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally am getting my parts together for my turbo setup. I am wondering about gaskets. Where do i need gaskets? Also oil send and drain ont he turbo. one is a place to screw a fitting into and on the other side is just a square hole. Do i need a flange for both sides? Which one is recive and drain?

thanks
Dawson

·
Registered
375 Posts
Gaskets should be used wherever you are bolting two pieces of metal together. The gasket will help seal any gaps. Some of the places where gaskets should be used are between the...

head and manifold
manifold and turbo
downpipe and turbo
oil inlet on outlet
wastegate and manifold
blow off valve and piping
downpipe and cat
cat and exhaust

Those should be most of the places where you need gaskets.

And the oil outlet side of the turbo is the side with the bigger opening. Try and have it pointing as straight down as possible.

Also, I recommend purchasing a copy of Corky Bell's Maximum Boost as it is an excellent book describing all apects of turbocharging and will help you out so much, as it did with me.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so why does one have a square opening (oil inlet on turbo) and one have circular threaded opening?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Donnie4p on Feb/10/04 said:
Also, I recommend purchasing a copy of Corky Bell's Maximum Boost as it is an excellent book describing all apects of turbocharging and will help you out so much, as it did with me.
Yes, I am quoting myself... go buy this book. It will have almost every answer to every question and then some. The book is amazing and will help you with every aspect of turbocharging.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
hey Dawson I've been following ur posts, and glad you finally got ready for the install, although I am almost certain you are not installing a Greddy kit, this site is very informative and helped a lot.

you will run into some minor problem here and there that people overlook to mention, just post and ask or PM me I've done the install not too long ago so it might still be fresh on my mind...

here is that link: LINK

thats basically a step by step with pics and info....

goodluck

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also does anyone know where to get the gaskets for the turbo?
i also need a pipe for the intake, anyone know where to get that?

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
TheNewbie on Feb/11/04 said:
also does anyone know where to get the gaskets for the turbo?
i also need a pipe for the intake, anyone know where to get that?
the pipes u can get U bends that are mandrel bent at jcwhitney.com, just figure out which bends/diameter you need

what kinda turbo is it? the gasket would have to be a metal gasket I would imagine, everthing thats a paper gasket like for the BOV you can make out of gasket paper found at pep boys or something like that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts