Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need some help replacing LED indicator for the gears. If you see the picture below on the left, that's the original socket for the LED (I think it's a T3 and it's a diode with 2 pins). On the right, it's a T5 LED that I used to replace other LEDs in the cluster (i.e. it's just for size reference). There's supposed to be an LED in the socket but I broke it when I tried to pull it out. I'm looking for some advice on how to replace the LED. First, I can't find the socket (or socket with new LED) anywhere (Aliexpress, Ebay, Amazon). Is there a name/part number for it? Second, what's the best way to replace the LED? I'm not sure how the old LED was attached (i.e. soldered? plugged?). But for sure, pulling it didn't work. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
That’s an easy fix. You need to bend the metal wire legs at the bottom straight. Then pull the diode out from the top. Go on eBay and search T5 LED wedge. When putting in a new LED I bend the legs straight, insert the led into the housing and wrap the legs up to hold it in place.
This is mines right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts