Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..I bought a teg cd player from a 98 teg to pu in my 95 teg.The cd player seems to work fine except for on thing.No sound!..I was told that the 98 and up tegs have different wiring but I though it would just be pretty much plug and play.I'm pretty good and wiring and installing systems so maybe you guys could shed some light and tell me what's wrong or just tell me the darn cd player is broken..thanks alot

·
Registered
40 Posts
First, check to see if any of the speakers are shorted out,if not the radio may be bad(no output).The wiring is the same if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If it won't work for you PM me. I have an OEM CD player (from my '97 GSR) for sale. $50 plus shipping. Let me know if you're interested!
-Chris

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
they changed in 1999 or so (the wire harness)..

From this

to this

so there are differences, but bottom line is, if it fits, its the right one..... and no sound usually equals grounded out speaker wire as said above

·
Registered
40 Posts
The 98 teg harness and the 95 teg harness are the same.Actually it should just plug into the back of the radio.

·
Registered
417 Posts
do you know if it the deck actually works?
If you didn't bench test it somehow, it may be a "dead deck."

The wiring harness should match up, with no prblem at all. Often if you get the deck from a salvage yard or the deal seems too good...it could be a broken deck. Just cause it lights up, unfortunately doesn't mean it'll work.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
I may be considering selling mine. It's a Rockford Fosgate RFX-9300. Look it up if you're interested, or contact me. Very nice! You can also ask ranmazilla about it, he has it also and likes it a lot!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts