Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have an ipod and I need help installing my FM modulator. It says to tap into a 12 volt power source so I tapped into the easiest one..the Lighter lol...but i guess it doesn't work because now the light bulb wont turn on anymore! The lighter still heats up..but for some reason theres no light coming from the bulb...and plus..the modulator isn't recieivng any power! What is the best place to wire my Modulator too? Something that isn't continous power...I only wan't it on when the car is on...or the radio is on...if anyone could help, that would be great! thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah, the reason im doing this is because my friend pulled out the casset adapter to my ipod, right out of the casset player! SO now it just pops out my casset whenever i put it in!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Well,
I wired my modulator to my MP3 Player more or less the same way you are talking, I removed the bottom shelf, you know right under the stereo and ran a wire up underneath the shiftboot to the stereo,
there you will find your 12V power since you need to have the the stereo open to attach your FM device to the back of your antenna port...

Hope this helps and good luck with your install of your IPod

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so u ran it to the power source for the stereo???????? did u cut one of the red wires and just put them together?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
oh and about ur lighter bulb, quick question, is ur dome light suffering as well? u porbably blew the fuse u should replace it

·
Registered
413 Posts
What gen iPod do u have? if its the 1st gen one I have an FM Transmitter (iTrip) that i'm selling. Just tune into any station on ur radio and it will play through.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that fm transmitter sucks i had it lol. I returend that sh*t and got a tape player, but my tape player broke! Hey guys thanks for all the help, but I decided to dump the FM modulator and returned it....and I just bought myself a cheap aiawa head unit with and Auxillary IN, in the front for $100. Works great by the way! thanks for all the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts