Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was driving down the freeway in traffic...and all of the sudden, my car starts shaking...it started to idle a little weird, and when i accelerate...the car shakes a lil and i lose A LOT of power...what do u guys think it mite be? spark plugs? vacuum leak? i took out one of the spark plug wires and it started the same, put that one back, took out another spark plug wire, and it started up even rougher? do u think thats the problem...im hoping it is...any other suggestions? thank you....

·
Registered
910 Posts
sounds like maybe one of the spark plugs stopped firing. when was the last time you had a tune up? i suggest you start there with the ignition system.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Try starting your car, and removing one of the spark plug wires. See if there is a difference in idle quality. Then shut your car off, and repeat with a different wire.

Be careful though, the sparks can jump so wear protective gloves.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welp...the spark plugs made all the world better...it looked kinda black...how do i prevent my engine from running rich?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is your check engine light on? or your matinince required light? Some thing similar happend to my car. I took it in and i guess the distrubtor rotor broke causing a cilinder to missfire causing a code to be thrown putting the ecu into limp mode. The parts were under warenty but it would have been under 80$ to fix otherwise i bileive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts