Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my oil in my 98 Teg. I started it and it was good no leaks in sight. My cousin came over and unplugged the #1 spark plug wire and in a couple of sec. my car just died. It wonldn't start so I unplugged the spark plug wires, and oil, I mean oil in all four holes. Can somebody help me. What went wrong and what do I have to do to fix it??? Please Help!!!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
First off I would check the O-rings under the valve cover, that seal up the spark plug holes.

You say that he unplugged the wire...While the engine was running? if so didn't you immediately notice the engine chug a lugging?

When was the last time you removed your valve cover?

·
Registered
404 Posts
same thing happened to me, i put a new valve cover on and completely forgot to put the o-rings on the new cover. its mad easy, just make sure you clean all that oil off the spark plugs and surrounding area.

Not sure about replacing the gasket, probably would be a good idea if you are having problems with the o-rings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jacksont001, I'll check o-rings and the last time I removed the valve cover was about 2 months ago. I had to change the valve cover gasket because it was leaking. And I changed the oil to. Didn't have a problem, only now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts