Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, When i got my so called tune up done like 3 weeks ago, i've been experincing hesitation. So I took out the spark plugs and replaced the wires. Just incase they didnt put the spark plugs back in correctly. Now, my car is misfiring like hell. I cant figure out the problem. I just replaced the spark plug wires. and rechecked the distributor cap. I checked the vacuum hoses, Im thinking i need my Fuel Injectors cleaned.

*The Problem* Misfiring at idle and durning driving.

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is from basic trouble shooting section at G2IC:

Engine misses at idle speed

- Spark plugs worn or not gapped properly.
- Faulty spark plug wires.
- Vacuum leaks.
- Incorrect ignition timing.
- Uneven or low compression.

Engine misses throughout driving speed range

- Fuel filter clogged and/or impurities in the fuel system.
- Low fuel pressure.
- Faulty or incorrectly gapped spark plugs.
- Incorrect ignition timing.
- Cracked distributor cap, disconnected distributor wires or damged distributor components.
- Leaking spark plug wires.
- Faulty emission system components.
- Low or uneven cylinder compression pressures.
- Weak or faulty ignition system.
- Vacuum leak in fuel injection system, intake manifold, air control valve or vacuum hoses.

You did gap your plugs right?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I pulled out the new ones, and put the old ones back in (the old ones wasnt bad at all, i change my spark plugs early, to stay up on it *I baby my car*) I want to change the fuel filter, i was on G2IC last night and found how to do it, seems pretty easy, except the bambo nut

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, i reinstalled them twice. put them in different orders also.. Im baffeld.. I put in F/I cleaner additive in my gas tank last week, think my fuel filter could be clogged?

·
Registered
124 Posts
sleepydesyre on Apr/04/04 said:
yea, i reinstalled them twice. put them in different orders also..
What do mean when you say 'put them in different order'? The wires from the distributor to the plugs can only be put on in 1 correct way. If you look on your distributor housing, you will most likely see the 4 connections labeled 1,2,3,4 - each one goes to a specific spark plug. You just can't mix and match. Some distributors are not labeled - that is why they recommend you replace 1 wire at at time. If you get the wrong wire to the wrong plug - misfiring will occur because you are not adhering to the correct firing order. If you have access to a Helms or Chilton manual it will show you the correct setup. Also, make sure plugs are gapped to .043 inches.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is why they recommend you replace 1 wire at at time. If you get the wrong wire to the wrong plug - misfiring will occur because you are not adhering to the correct firing order.
yea, i did. thats what i meant. I have Chilton's manual, and so many people are telling me differnt things, and its not the same things. But I always get the spark plugs and wires advice, and i check and re-check them. I really dont know what to do.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Check your timing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts